• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yudansha Celebrations!!

For those who are holders of a Yudansha, Black Belt, upon receiving yours;

What did you do to celebrate?

As a JBB, my mom and dad took me out to eat pizza and to a movie and I got a new bike. My dad also built me a very cool looking belt display.

As a Yudansha: I celebrated by taking a trip on a 2 week vacation in Hawaii.

Ok....it's your turn...

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Dinner and drinks with my instructor and guys at the club. Then more drinks after dinner and drinks.

I took it home and careful laid it beside my uniform and went to bed. The next morning I celebrated with a dozen pain killers and a bottle of brandy. True story... well maybe not a dozen.. more like half a dozen pain killers.

I rode home in a car with my senpai who gave me advise about where my technique needs improvement. Then when I got home, I slept. It was an exhausting endeavor, since in my dojo usually people test on the third day of a three or four day training camp with very little time alloted between sessions for eating meals or sleeping a full night.

"My work itself is my best signature."

-Kawai Kanjiro

After my first 1st degree test I celebrated at dinner with my family. We used to always go to steak places, so I chose an Italian place that I had always wanted to try. Also we had cake, decorated with a stick figure wearing a black belt. (I think my sisters did that).

After the second 1st degree test (in a different system) we had dinner as a group at someones house...unfortunately I had a seizure and ended up in an ambulance going to the ER....don't remember a whole lot of the day after that. The test was fun though! :D

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

Wow I feel neglected. We didn't do anything. My dad never even came to watch any of mine or my sister's dan gradings. Think I came home, had a shower and went to bed. :dodgy:

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Shodan : Went to a friends restaurant and ate and drank a lot! I think I spent the night at his restaurant, a few of the testers did ><

Nidan : Went home, showered, and fell asleep at my desk writing a

research paper

Sandan : Which was just recently, I got done with my testing and went right to work ><[/b]

I find myself dabbling into a lot of different martial arts styles, some I've been awarded rank in, but I don't feel as if I deserve them.