• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

MA training shoes

Red J

We use shoes at my studio. Most people wear Discipline or Tiger Claw. I wear discipline's but I'm not very happy with their wear and tear although they are very confortable. One of the senior instructors swears by Addidas Tyrints. They are a wrestling high-top. I may switch to them soon.

Level 1

Traditional Shaolin Wushu Kung Fu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Our dojang is also carpeted (... always has been and just recently newly carpeted with extra cushioning for those takedowns!) As martial artists we work out in bare feet. If you choose a workout shoe, be sure it has a low gripping bottom since many techniques involve pivoting and spinning on the ball of your foot.

Many of our cardio kickboxing students insist on wearing a shoe but many come in with a crosstraining sneaker which we are not allowing as we are seeing alot of injuries due to the fact that it inhibits the pivoting motion thus torqueing the knee.

Martial arts shoes designed for these types of kicks so whichever you prefer (brand) ... style -wise there may be a diference.

I've been training on carper for 10 years ... in the beginning ... yes, a few blisters, but now my feet are calloused and hard (not very pretty :brow: ) but conditioned for breaking as well.

Adidas have commercially released into sports shops some martial arts training shoes - but in the form of triners, sure they look like trainers, but they are really martial arts shoes!

Also very stylish!

Anthony Bullock

1st Dan Black Belt - Shotokan Karate

5th Kyu Yellow Belt - Aiki-Jutsu

https://www.universaldojo.com Coming Soon

For some reason it's become fashionable for people to wear them on the street. Serious even people who don't do martial arts?! I see them all the time in nightclubs.

Bretty

my friend had a pair of adidas tae kwon do shoes and she doesnt do martial arts and there wore out really quick on the street. (they have like almost no sole) and way i tryed them on and they're really nice and i would recomend them. ive never sparred with them but there were nice.

[color=indigo]I have never worn shoes in my training. In TKD I have only seen one person ever wear them - she had a problem with one of her feet. I have seen people train in BJJ with wrestling shoes, but I wouldn't like the restraint of them.[/color]

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

I can train either way, but I've learned as I get older that the thought of bustin' a toe(s) or even spraining one isn't a whole lot of fun. Plus all it'll do is take away from your training. With shoes you obviously save your toes and the bottoms of your feet(sometimes). I've developed blisters the first time I actually wore shoes for training. Took some getting use to just like anything else.

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

[color=indigo]XpOiSoN FrEeX, I was thinking: on the other side of the coin, if you are grappling and wish to wear shoes, it can be harder to sink an anklelock/heelhook. I was watching some of the Ken Shamrock highlights....he always seems to get foot subs to work better on people who are barefoot. Maybe it is tighter with shoes....[/color]

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!