• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Gojushiho Sho

wlknsn

Hi everyone,

I just would like to share my Gojushiho Sho with the world! Yea, that means a youtube link, so here it is:

It has been recorded in the finals of a JKA competition. Ended up on the 4th place.

Any thoughts, comments are welcome.

Thanks,

wlknsn

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello fellow JKA member! First of all, very nice! I love your snap, and really good contrast of fast vs. slow movements. I've been doing this kata a lot lately (at least 20 or so times this evening actually) so it's a bit of a fun coincidence for me that you should post it. I'm not nearly as far along with it as you are, so it's a pleasure seeing how you perform it.

If you don't mind me asking, how long have you trained this kata?

It's so hard ending in the same place for this kata isn't it? It's a little easier than gojushiho dai though in my opinion. Nice recovery there at the end though, using the yoi and bow to scoot back to the middle. :brow:

On a completely unrelated note, I love JKA Hungary's flag! Due to the ISKF split, we no longer have the tiger on ours. I miss it...

"My work itself is my best signature."

-Kawai Kanjiro

Thanks for the nice words:)

It's hard to tell how long I've been practicing this kata. I've been doing it at competitions for 1 year or so, but of course I knew the moves way before. Just did not feel myself ready for going into the depths of it.

Also, when I practice a kata, I don't just repeat it for countless times. My sensei comes up with such kihon moves that require the same kind of moving like you would do in some part of the kata, just a bit harder, a bit more tricky, so you will feel the kata easier after a nice session of kihon.

Yea, it's very hard to end in the same place in both Sho and Dai. There are a few tricks you can use during the kata though, but at competitions I'm just too nervous to be able to focus on them:)

A very nice and solid performance of Gojushiho Sho. If you only received 4th place, I'd like to see the kata's of those who placed 3rd-1st....sheech.

I'll look it over again this weekend and I'll provide you some feedback then, if that will be ok with you.

Again...a very excellent job.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I'll look it over again this weekend and I'll provide you some feedback then, if that will be ok with you.

Sure it will ok with me, thanks:)

Other competitors are successful on European Championships too. At the 2011 JKA European Championship (London) one of them were 2nd at senior kata category, and the other two were 1st and 3rd at junior kata category.

So yea, we always have awesome karatekas at our competitions which I'm quite happy with:)

I'm not a Karate guy, but I thought the form did look very nice. Sharp, fast movements, contrasting with slow, deliberate body movements. Looks like a fun one to do.

Nice job. :karate:

Hi everyone,

I just would like to share my Gojushiho Sho with the world! Yea, that means a youtube link, so here it is:

It has been recorded in the finals of a JKA competition. Ended up on the 4th place.

Any thoughts, comments are welcome.

Thanks,

wlknsn

Nice!

Great Job. Competition must have been tough if you got 4th.

If you performed that at the ISKF tournaments I've attended it would have been 1st/2nd place performance.