• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

London 2012

DWx

From my calculations it looks like I won't get tickets for the Judo. But its okay because I can watch it on the TV, im not that disappointed really plus I can try and reapply. I did get tickets for other events but im not sure which ones as they add up to the same amount so I will find out later on. Im still excited to go, even if im not going to martial art events.

That's cool, at least you got some. What's it in do you think? Fencing?

Turns out TKD must be more popular than it seems. The majority of my TKD friends applied for tickets (the whole school wanted to go down together) and I'm the only one who got any. :( I only got one of the events I applied for too. Have to decide who to take with me now.. won't be nice trying to pick between people.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
From my calculations it looks like I won't get tickets for the Judo. But its okay because I can watch it on the TV, im not that disappointed really plus I can try and reapply. I did get tickets for other events but im not sure which ones as they add up to the same amount so I will find out later on. Im still excited to go, even if im not going to martial art events.

Turns out TKD must be more popular than it seems. The majority of my TKD friends applied for tickets (the whole school wanted to go down together) and I'm the only one who got any. :( I only got one of the events I applied for too. Have to decide who to take with me now.. won't be nice trying to pick between people.

Well its either fencing, or hocky and diving.

I used to play hockey and have always wanted to try fencing so its a win win situation. The diving is for my mum and sister.

Take me

:lol:

Im kidding, but seriously its great that you got the TKD, I was wondering did anyone you know go for the olympic TKD trials about a year back. I know someone on facebook that went to the trials. If I remember they offered open trials to all martial art styles because they wanted more people.

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.

Well its either fencing, or hocky and diving.

I used to play hockey and have always wanted to try fencing so its a win win situation. The diving is for my mum and sister.

Take me

:lol:

:lol: heh I told everyone else I'm open to bribes :P

wow diving will be cool. Love watching the synchronized diving. Always wanted to do fencing as well. Not a big hockey fan (too many awful memories from high school p.e!) but I'm sure that will be awesome to watch too!

Im kidding, but seriously its great that you got the TKD, I was wondering did anyone you know go for the olympic TKD trials about a year back. I know someone on facebook that went to the trials. If I remember they offered open trials to all martial art styles because they wanted more people.

Couple of people from our squad got accepted onto the trials. One of them got down to the last 20 people but in the end they said she sparred too ITF (too many side kicks and full face punches :D)and they couldn't convert style her quick enough for 2012.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Ah okay, thats a shame but its still an impressive feat in itself maybe they can try in 4 years time given some time for practice with the rule set.

I think I will have to do fencing at some point, but at the same time I already do too much. Mum has been telling me for ages,I should do it, I agree but I actually want to get good at what im doing. I don't want to be jack of all trades. Decisions, decisions.

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.