• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Looking for Shorin Ryu school (or similar) in Raleigh NC

swelleyann

I am moving to the Raleigh NC area (Wake Forest) and am looking for a school for my 7 year old son (purple belt junior grade). He has been studying Shorin Ryu karate for a little over a year in Kentucky and we are moving. I am having a hard time finding a school. Does anyone know of a school there that is similar to Shorin Ryu style?

I need your help!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

If you can't find a Shorin Ryu school then you'll have to enrol him in another school using a similar ethos. Google or the American Shorin Ryu Organisation etc would assist you. Try local sports centres, churches etc.

I spent 4 years doing Wado Ryu because I couldn't find Goju Ryu!

Just a note, All because he has 'graded' to Purple belt does not mean won't have to start again in another school be it the same style or another one. I have a student who came to me from India, he was a few grades up and I started him again at white belt because none of what he was taught was relevant to my syllabus.

Remember, He is just a 7 year old boy, he is young enough to adapt with only one year's training its not enough to warrant him keeping the grade. And relax he's as he's just a boy, he might not even want to do Karate when he gets to his teens. My daughter gave up at brown belt when she was 13 and although everything she was taught she has used to protect herself, she doesn't want to go near a Martial Arts school. Although I have many young students she is just one of the 39,999 that won't make it to black belt! Only 1:40,000

Makes it!!!

Note, Any school that gives a full black belt to anyone under 16 is a belt factory and is only after the money.

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)