• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RawPYGzYOQ&feature=related

You see the same thing here. Rorion simply jams the kick and clinches. But his head is up. He's defending himself. Not just putting his head down and running in like a bull. The guy he was fighting didn't seem like HKD though. Brian can probably shed light on that. I thought HKD was more about joint manipulations than kicking.

Yeah, I'd say it was HKD. Bong Soo Han, who was a HKD grandmaster for many years, and I believe the choreographer of the fight scenes in the movie Billy Jack, was known for his kicking ability as well. The cover of one of his books is of him doing a round kick straight up in the air.

I think you see this a lot in Korean HKD schools, with lots of kicking along with the joint locks. However, I don't think there is any ground grappling involved, which was painfully obvious from the fight you show here. I'm surprised the guy went to the ground on his own in the last match, trying to kick Rorion from the ground. That just allowed Rorion to skip a step.

We don't do much high kicking in the Combat Hapkido system, and if we do, its more from personal preference due to other training than to the Combat Hapkido system. CH focuses more on low line kicking for distractions.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew you would know more about that. Thanks for the knowledge kind sir!

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

Wow! You guys dont cut any slack do you? As a bjj student for 15yrs, and a Jjj Insructor and student of 19 yrs I am suprised that everyone took such a defensive stance against Davisonsensei. Cant we agree to disagree? I understand were the bjjers are coming from given that i train bjj but i also have to agree in part to Davisonsensei s post being a jjj guy myself. Bjj came from the japanese arts of jujutsu and later on judo. I compete in mma and have trained quite hard and with a wide varity of people and as a person of both styles, I have to say that if i dont want to go to the ground, then i wont. Because my technique as a jjjer is that good. I think that what hes saying has merit. We all have our opinions and so does he. But if you havnt felt his technique, then how can you say bjj is superior?? Im just a newbie on here and am not looking to create enemies and seeing where the past posts on this subject are coming frrom,... ill base my answers on a curve acording to future posts.

Well, the thing is no one made a post attempting to discredit JJJ in any way. He just decided he wanted to make a post and attempt to flame BJJ. The problem is he doesnt know what hes talking about. I never made a post that say "this style sucks compared to BJJ" but if you want to try to rag on the style then you're just asking to be put in your place.

And seriously, another person who just "doesnt go to the ground." Against a scrub on the street, maybe. But if you really think you cant be taken down, then I seriously doubt your training.

To give you food for though- Josh Koscheck is a 4 time Division 1 All American Wrestler. So was Matt Hughes. Brock Lesner was also a D-1 wrestler. Wrestlers are THE BEST takedown artists in the world- bar none. As such, they're also the best at defending takedowns, given their intimate knowledge of them. These guys still get taken down- do you seriously think your wrestling is better? If so go ahead and compete in the Olympics win a gold medal, and then retire on the money of all the endorsements you'll make as a result.

First of all, I wrestled State 4 times, and have trained with Matt Huges as well as the olympic Judo coach at the time and was offered to train with the team. I never said i cant b taken down to get that straight. If u doubt my training, please come to Chicago Il, id be glad to remove any doubt. As i have also been to Brazil many times. I think you watch too much tv via UFC and other events. Im betting that you even know their pants size (referring to the names mentioned by you). As for me, ill continue to serve my country and fight in the ring as i have since 1990. My MMA record is 123-42-2. What is yours?

If ur going thru hell, just keep on going

hello masterpain, nice to meet u. Because of who i am, i have had my info hacked several times so i decline giving my name out over the web. yes that is my record here in the states and in brazil. i have been on the history channel a few times and in the mags too. But here on the forums i just want 2 be Big Daddy. I look forward to some good discussions with u and others in the future!

hello masterpain, nice to meet u. Because of who i am, i have had my info hacked several times so i decline giving my name out over the web. yes that is my record here in the states and in brazil. i have been on the history channel a few times and in the mags too. But here on the forums i just want 2 be Big Daddy. I look forward to some good discussions with u and others in the future!

That's cool. Have fun on here.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

First of all, I wrestled State 4 times, and have trained with Matt Huges as well as the olympic Judo coach at the time and was offered to train with the team. I never said i cant b taken down to get that straight. If u doubt my training, please come to Chicago Il, id be glad to remove any doubt. As i have also been to Brazil many times. I think you watch too much tv via UFC and other events. Im betting that you even know their pants size (referring to the names mentioned by you). As for me, ill continue to serve my country and fight in the ring as i have since 1990. My MMA record is 123-42-2. What is yours?

Thats all Im making sure of. Im hardly the type of person to travel long distances to settle a battle of egos. If you've fought you've been on the receiving end of a takedown. So all that aside, you can slow your roll.

On a side note if you have been fighting since 1990, that puts you somewhere around 40+ and I'll hardly prove anything by beating someone nearly twice my age. My point is already proven- you're aware of the importance (and effectiveness) of takedowns.

So avoid talking tough online- you're the one that made the statement regarding that ("Oh I wont go to the ground"). Since the only person with more than 100 professional wins is Travis Fulton, Im willing to bet you're talking mostly about Military Combatives tournaments, which is fought by amateurs under amatuer rules. You apparently do well, but you're not impressing me with your boasting-Im not some amateur.

I never said i cant b taken down to get that straight.

I have to say that if i dont want to go to the ground, then i wont. Because my technique as a jjjer is that good.

:roll:

The same rules apply to you as well- if you're going to make such blanket statements like you did Im going to call you out on it. Saying you "wont go to the ground" is like saying "I wont get hit."

How convenient. :roll: You make such an incredible claim but allow no way for verification. On the forums I just want to be MMA_Jim myself, so that means that I cant make any claims about what I've accomplished if Im not willing to verify who I am.

How convenient. :roll: You make such an incredible claim but allow no way for verification. On the forums I just want to be MMA_Jim myself, so that means that I cant make any claims about what I've accomplished if Im not willing to verify who I am.

LOL! :lol: