• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Im so jealous

holley

I am so jealous i just found out that 3 of my best friends just got engaged, and that they are all getting married this year. It could have been me because I screwed things up with my boyfriend... It stinks

Now an orangebelt!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

With the exception of cheating or emotional or physical abuse, relationships are not something you "screw up." Sometimes they simply don't work.

Grow as your own person, learn from your mistakes, and let things come to you. Jump into things too fast and you'll find yourself with someone who is emotionally immature. Or worse yet, someone who realizes that you are emotionally immature and thereby easily controlled.

Don't get into a legally binding social contract because all your friends are doing it. Jumping off a bridge could be preferable. This is coming from a person with a fear of water.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

My parents made my bf and i break up because i snuck him over while my parents were gone, and things happend. Thats how i screwed it up. Now im not allowed to talk to him, he was going to purpose to me he said but then we both screwed up

Now an orangebelt!!!

what should I do. I am 20 years old and i will 21 this year? Its bugging the crud out of me. I am 100 percent sure we both still love each other. My parents told him and I both that we dont know what love is. I havent got to sit down and talk to him since september of last year which really suck, and we see each other at school all the time, and at church..

Now an orangebelt!!!

I am so jealous i just found out that 3 of my best friends just got engaged, and that they are all getting married this year. It could have been me because I screwed things up with my boyfriend... It stinks

Are you jelous that you're not married yet? To tell you the truth I don't see such desires too often nowadays. You're an exception.

Edited by Agenda

To a certain extent, if you live with your parents, you must respect their rules. I don't necessarily want to pass judgment on whether or not your parents have the ability to tell you who to date, when you are 20, because I don't know your personal situation.

That said, I am about 6 years older than you and it's funny, I notice the same thing. So many of my friends are engaged or married in the last few years, it's kinda funny. But, that's life. I don't really feel pressured by it, even if it does make me think.

Patrick

what should I do. I am 20 years old and i will 21 this year? Its bugging the crud out of me. I am 100 percent sure we both still love each other. My parents told him and I both that we dont know what love is. I havent got to sit down and talk to him since september of last year which really suck, and we see each other at school all the time, and at church..

This is strange for me to say, but I suggest you talk to your minister. Do your parents attend the same church? Forgiveness is a core belief in all major religions. And if you all share the same beliefs he may be able to help your family work through this.

remember, "Love is patient, love is kind, love is long suffering."

Forget where that was exactly, but point is, if your committed to this, prepare to suffer a while. At any rate be good to your parents.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

There's another quote from a country song, "Jesus may forgive, but a daddy don't forget." That one might be on her parents mind.

As far as the whole marriage thing in general, don't worry about it. You're young. You say you go to church, then sometimes you have to have a little bit of faith. Don't force things.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War