• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My karate youtube page

holley

interesting, i watched the videos on the youtube channels posted and we perform the same kata's really different lol (i don't mean that in a negative way whatsoever, just found it interesting).

a friend put this together for me many years ago, but the clips are really old. the footage came from a lot of VHS tapes from over 10yrs ago when I was young haha so the quality isn't that great (especially the clips from when i was only 10yrs old)... unfortunately i've never really filmed my matches so all my clips are from others who filmed it

I kumite a lot different now (also you can hit the mute button if you don't like the song lol)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed these! Good footwork, and it's nice to see sharp, clean sparring -- though of course I am biased towards TJK. I am confused, though. Which one are you? :)

I enjoyed seeing someone else fight from a low stance.

Also, it's fun to see some good traditional Karate channels. It's a different feel from us and I've enjoyed seeing the art. But I have to ask, why are there so many Karate people on KARATEforums?

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

thanks!

in the clips with headgear i'm the one moving around like a jackrabbit lol... shorthair in the clips without headgear and i'm in the white gi in the 12yr old clips (although i was actually 10 my friend made a mistake)...

funny masterpain brought up low stance, i just got back from teaching and i was trying to explain why i fight from a low kamae to the class...

my long time teacher was actually Kevin Funakoshi (Kenneth Funakoshi's eldest son) and he always emphasized low kamae's... A lot of how i fought back then was based off of sensei kevin and wkf world champ george kotaka since he won all the tournaments here when i was growing up... in fact, i'm training with george next week

George Kotaka is awesome! Our school is part of his main org in Hawaii (IKF), and I have trained with him, or rather under him, a few times as well. Not that he's not considerably ahead of me in terms of ability, but I do appreciate being a part of the same organization. It makes for some really good training, at least in terms of what I am looking for. Plus, it's a good excuse to go to Hawaii from time to time. Swimming and sunning by day, training every evening -- Paradise!

yah his technique is unreal and he really generates power in his punches. i've been on the other end of them in competition and it's surprising how much power he can generate. his students are very good too, you're part of a VERY good school!

eventually im going to be doing katas and kicks then putting them on there. Those were just a few videos that I did of the classes i help teach, and it is my first time posting them on anything.

I think it's great that you want to show what you do. Was that a pic of Tina I saw? Are you a student of hers? I haven't spoken with her in years! If you see her, tell her John from ASE Martial Arts Supply says "Hello."

George Kotaka is awesome! Our school is part of his main org in Hawaii (IKF), and I have trained with him, or rather under him, a few times as well.

You're IKF? Our ties to the IKF run deep. We've dealt with a number of IKF schools for many years. It's thanks to George's father, Chuzo Kotaka, head of the IKF, that we carry the Champ Video line. We happened to be in Tokyo at the same time, and he accompanied my father and me to Champ's offices. Because of his introduction, they put their trust us, and we established a business relationship with them that we value highly. We are very grateful to him.

John - ASE Martial Arts Supply

https://www.asemartialarts.com

eventually im going to be doing katas and kicks then putting them on there. Those were just a few videos that I did of the classes i help teach, and it is my first time posting them on anything.

I think it's great that you want to show what you do. Was that a pic of Tina I saw? Are you a student of hers? I haven't spoken with her in years! If you see her, tell her John from ASE Martial Arts Supply says "Hello."

George Kotaka is awesome! Our school is part of his main org in Hawaii (IKF), and I have trained with him, or rather under him, a few times as well.

You're IKF? Our ties to the IKF run deep. We've dealt with a number of IKF schools for many years. It's thanks to George's father, Chuzo Kotaka, head of the IKF, that we carry the Champ Video line. We happened to be in Tokyo at the same time, and he accompanied my father and me to Champ's offices. Because of his introduction, they put their trust us, and we established a business relationship with them that we value highly. We are very grateful to him.

lol what a small world... well i guess this is a karate forum, but i'm an instructor who just opened up an account with you guys last week... i ordered 2 gi's last week and will probably order 4 more tomorrow! i was just talking to margie on the phone today...

i doubt you remember sending me the emails last week but just in case, i kind of want to keep my identity anonymous but i just thought it was funny i should run into a post from you