• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My karate youtube page

holley

i think having the youtube is going to be a lot of fun for you to look back on and watch how your training and skill increases overtime.

i would pay a year's salary to see my first isshin-ryu class back when i was 9. i remember being amazed that our instructor wasn't asian firstly, and then running ove rin the middle of warm-ups to go throw a flying kick at a heavy bag, for no apparent reason. I mean I just hopped out of line, ran full tilt at the bag, let out the most terrifying kia my 9 year old lungs/vocal chords could handle and leapt into a flying kick.

then drove my dad crazy telling him i wanted a blue belt and a pair of nunchucks!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eventually im going to be doing katas and kicks then putting them on there. Those were just a few videos that I did of the classes i help teach, and it is my first time posting them on anything.

I think it's great that you want to show what you do. Was that a pic of Tina I saw? Are you a student of hers? I haven't spoken with her in years! If you see her, tell her John from ASE Martial Arts Supply says "Hello."

George Kotaka is awesome! Our school is part of his main org in Hawaii (IKF), and I have trained with him, or rather under him, a few times as well.

You're IKF? Our ties to the IKF run deep. We've dealt with a number of IKF schools for many years. It's thanks to George's father, Chuzo Kotaka, head of the IKF, that we carry the Champ Video line. We happened to be in Tokyo at the same time, and he accompanied my father and me to Champ's offices. Because of his introduction, they put their trust us, and we established a business relationship with them that we value highly. We are very grateful to him.

lol... Yes that was Tina

My brother and I both train with Tina...

and her daughter tiffany..

Now an orangebelt!!!

John ASE wrote:

It's thanks to George's father, Chuzo Kotaka, head of the IKF, that we carry the Champ Video line.

Yes, Chuzo Kotaka, who is my teacher's teacher, is head of IKF. To us, and I imagine to all IKF schools, George Kotaka is "sensei George", whereas Chuzo Kotaka is just "Sensei", as in, "because Sensei says". :lol:

Too funny! We have such a strong connection to people in this thread!

holley: Wow! Tina's daughter? It's great that they're teaching together. I think I met a daughter when she was... maybe 10 or 11 years old. 10 or 15 years ago. Sorry if I hijacked your thread.

likeke34: Of course, I remember you! Yeah, martial arts IS a small world. Margie was JUST telling me that we should keep an eye out for kanji you're sending for embroidery (assuming you're who I think you are). Then, I sit at my computer and see this post! By the way, she said she received it at her address, and it looks fine.

still kicking: If you happen to attend IKF Sacramento's tournament, we have a booth there every year. Stop by and say "Hello."

John - ASE Martial Arts Supply

https://www.asemartialarts.com

likeke34: Of course, I remember you! Yeah, martial arts IS a small world. Margie was JUST telling me that we should keep an eye out for kanji you're sending for embroidery (assuming you're who I think you are). Then, I sit at my computer and see this post! By the way, she said she received it at her address, and it looks fine.

Yes that's me! I have to say, you guys have amazing customer service!

Too funny! We have such a strong connection to people in this thread!

holley: Wow! Tina's daughter? It's great that they're teaching together. I think I met a daughter when she was... maybe 10 or 11 years old. 10 or 15 years ago. Sorry if I hijacked your thread.

still kicking: If you happen to attend IKF Sacramento's tournament, we have a booth there every year. Stop by and say "Hello."

Yes, Tina's daughter is awesome... She is really good as well. she is only sixteen years old. which is amazing

Now an orangebelt!!!

I just uploaded a video of me doing kata 3 years ago.

It makes me cringe now because it's so bad!

Hopefully i've improved a lot.

low quality

Brown belt - 3rd kyu in Higashi Karate Kai.

You can't win the race until you've joined the race

• 9 months later...

I go on youtube quite a lot but i save videos from Masters like Kanazawa Sensei, Nakayama Sensei and other such knowlegable people etcetc, for reference in helping me with movements in certain Katas. I look and browse, i save and cross reference, but i dont join in. I just use it as an extra resource to help me in my studies of Shotokan Karate really. But big up to you guys that have your own videos going on, and all the very best of luck to you all!

''Board's..........don't hit back'' The late and very great Bruce Lee, in the movie Enter The Dragon.