• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I feel bad

holley

I have talked to the instructor and multiple times about it and she continues to put me with him. So she knows what's best, and i cant argue with her about it

Now an orangebelt!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holley, I hate to say this, because it really isn't my place, and I feel like i'm out of line in saying it but.. I haven't really gotten a good impression of your school from your posts. I'm sorry, I just haven't.

I don't know if you are representing it poorly, or if you are representing it well. Something just feels slightly askew enough to put me on edge without having the warning bells actually go off. I hope it's the former, or that it's just some oddness in your writing style that catches on me somehow.

It might be just me reading things in that aren't there. I don't know if anyone else is seeing anything like that. Still, I would keep a critical eye out.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

I have talked to the instructor and multiple times about it and she continues to put me with him. So she knows what's best, and i cant argue with her about it

In that case you need to figure out how to train with children without knocking hell out of them - on reflection it may be that she's trying to teach you some control.

Is purple the next logical belt for you in your system or would you be missing one or two - there are three in my association between orange and purple.

In that case you need to figure out how to train with children without knocking hell out of them - on reflection it may be that she's trying to teach you some control.

If the intention is to teach control then a child isn't the best person to practice on. I certainly wouldn't be happy if it was mine!

At this point if I were you, you might want to actually talk to the parent of the child. Maybe the child isn't getting the correct lessons from the class or isn't right for karate, so if you're paying money for those lessons and that child is messing your experience up... Either tell the parent to teach the kid to behave itself or tell them to find karate instruction elsewhere.

The reason the child acts like this has to be the way the child is risen at its home by its parent. :idea: Btw I don't mean to offend you with this post.

Right, and I generally agree? But it really isn't Holley's place to say that. Holley is a student, and not even a senior student at that. It is a black mark on their instructor that this situation is coming up as anything more than an isolated incident.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

Back in the day when I did shotokan, the kids who played around spend all class in the corner doing push ups. They either did push ups for days and learned their lesson or droped out of class.

Enter-pressure-terminate