• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I feel bad

holley

in our karate school its white, yellow, orange, purple, green, blue, brown, black.

I am a orange belt as well but im more advance. he has been an orange belt since way before i even started karate in december of last year.

I went to his house last week and his home is not such a good home his parents dont treat him or his sister nicely thats why he acts the way he does. but he still needs to learn that there is a time and a place to act up and the dojo is not the time to act up and mess around

Now an orangebelt!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that there's something wrong with Holler's sensei to allow a 10 year old boy to be kicked in the head multiple times.

Well it's hard to know exactly what was going on so.. that's kind of direct accusation. :roll:

I think a ten-year-old child should be told how it is proper to behave by talking perhaps, in the first place anyway. And is it really fair for you to practise with him very often, if you're not the same size? Are you at all?

“One reason so few of us achieve what we truly want is that we never direct our focus; we never concentrate our power. Most people dabble their way through life, never deciding to master anything in particular.” -Anthony Robbins

I am the same height he is and i am only 4 ft 8 inches tall.

but im alot older then he is i am 10 years older then he is.

I get paired up with him every tuesdays and thursday unless he is not there. if he is not there i usually get paird up with his 16 year old sister who is a purple belt but is alot taller then me

Now an orangebelt!!!

Things like this are so subjective. None of us were there and none of us really knows this kid, what your dojo and sensei are like, or you holley, so we can't really pass proper judgement on this. If you feel bad, feel bad. If anything it shows that you maybe feel sorry for the kid.

TBH I'm struggling to see how you kicked the kid in the face five times, especially when practicing roundhouses. If he moved the pad away because of reflex, maybe you might of hit him a couple of times but IMHO you should have probably adjusted your technique to compensate for this like GaryMo said. If they kid was moving it away deliberately I probably would have gotten frustrated with him too but I'd say making him have a time-out would have been better than kicking him in the face.

But I do get what you were trying to do with knocking the kids ego down a peg or too. My own teacher has told me to crank it up a notch with kids/teens who've gotten too big for their boots; I think I may have posted on here in the past about making a kid cry once. Just as long as it doesn't get out of hand, and that you're not indiscriminately beating on all the kids in you're class, I think its ok and its ok to feel bad about it.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

He was moving the pad out of the way purposly he told me that. Because he didnt want to listen to me or sensei.

Somtimes I wish that I wouldnt get paired up with him all the time. I take karate very serious, and he thinks of it as a thing to mess around with and play and not listen. Its eaiter i get paired up with him or an 18 year old male who wont stop stepping on me because he is a lot taller than me. quite frankly its kinda annoying.

Now an orangebelt!!!

It's better to simply refuse to work with a bratty kid than to end up hurting them. Your job is to help them learn what they want to learn. It's the parents job to teach them not to screw off.

Tall people? Crash in and uproot them. Being short has it's perks at the proper range.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

A 20 year old adult, has no business kicking a 10 year old in the face 5 times, for any reason. Even if the kid needs therapy, its not your place to provide help.

It doesn't read like, you feel bad, or are sorry at all.

About the guy that's stepping on you. You are an adult, and that's your good fortune to bet paired up with the kind of person that you might meet in a real fight. Try to study how to deal with that situation.

it really was an accident. i was in the middle of a kick and he moved the pad as i right about to kick. I asked him to not do that he kept doing it.

I just dont get why he kept moving it as i was in the middle of a kick. it was not cool

Now an orangebelt!!!

If you had exercised control and watched your follow through then technically if he had of moved the pad you wouldn't have hit him, unless he had also moved his head to where the pad was. As I said, once or twice should have been enough to alter your technique so the third, forth and fifth head kick wouldn't have been necessary.

In any case, you shouldn't be kicking a pad held by a ten year old with any force at all.

i agree i dont think i should be paired up with him either but i have to listen to my sensei

should i say something to sensei?

I get annoyed with this kid as well.

he did keep moving the pad away and the put his face in the way

Now an orangebelt!!!