• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I feel bad

holley

Tonight when i was at karate i was paired up with a 10 year old boy who does not listen or do what he is told. My sensei put me with him because she wants me to put him in his place and make him work. anyways, he was holding the kicking pad and i was doing a roundhouse kick and then he decided that he was going to move the pad away from his body and i kicked him in the face like 5 times. my sensei said that he deserved it and hosnestly i think he does deserve it too but i feel bad about it.

should i be feeling bad about it?

Now an orangebelt!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can only aim at the target you are set if he moves the target what can you do. I wouldn't worry too much to be honest. You will hit alot of people by accident in martial arts, you will probabaly injure a few as well. Its the name of the game.

You will probabaly feel bad about it yes but sometime that person will hit you and then you realise that you shouldn't have felt quite so bad.

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.

The kid is only 10 years old. Moving the pad away from his body, could simply be a reflex in anticipation of the kick, so why kick him in the face? I don't get it. IMO, despite what I wrote above, it's wrong.

In the Army, if your Officer tells you to kill civilians, and you do, you are considered to have committed a crime.

I didn't quite get how you managed to kick him 5 times like that, but anyway, I wouldn't waste time thinking about that. The feeling bad will go past, no matter if you think it was wrong or understandable really.

Concentrate on the training. :)

“One reason so few of us achieve what we truly want is that we never direct our focus; we never concentrate our power. Most people dabble their way through life, never deciding to master anything in particular.” -Anthony Robbins

It was an accident and my sensei told him that if he moved the pad away from his body he was going to get kicked in the face, and i worned him to and he moved it away 5 times as i was kicking.

Im just glad i didnt kick hard like i normally do cause i would have hurt him pretty bad

Now an orangebelt!!!

An accident happens once, maybe twice then surely you see a pattern emerging so you make an alteration so that it doesn't happen again, especially to a 10 year old!

Is this the same kid you were referring to in your other thread?

"SO I WENT TO KARATE. i DID AWESOME. I DID NOT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS. i BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF A KID BECAUSE MY SENSEI TOLD ME TOO BECAUSE THE KID WAS NOT LISTENING"

Did you also say you teach?

yes it is. my sensei always puts me with him so i can put him in his place because he doesnt like to listen he back talks he is an orange belt and he has no respect for those who have athority over him. He is disrespectful. im the only one who has enough patience besides my sensei to deal with him.

Now an orangebelt!!!

I'm not sure where an orange belt stands in your grading system but it's a 9th kyu in shotokan which I practice.

If he's a low grade then surely nobody should be making contact with him, especially when he's only ten years old and more so, contact to his head! Maybe he has problems outside of the dojo?