• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Competing in grappling tournaments, point sparring, kata, kickboxing MMA?

Post a vid here.

I'm going to a grappling tournament today and should have some video later. I have one here from last year of one of our students, he's also my nephew. He's the guy that's winning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELMC030ug9E

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a fine example of technique turning to crap due to nerves. Here's my first MMA fight. Unfortunately, I don't have any video of my other fight where I didn't suck. Here's 3 rounds of me defending myself successfully. That's euphemism for getting beaten badly without taking any real damage.

I'll see you're loss with one of my own:

Serioulsy, I have to get some footage of me winning.

I got some of me winning today, until I gassed and tapped to a guy in no gi that I dominate in training, then got outdone by a skilled little guy in a grand champion match. But, Alex, footage of losing the match for 1st place at NAGA pwns my heavyweight gi 1st place at the Ron Reed tournament.

I'll post video as soon as Kota's girlfriend brings her camera over. I'll bet you've never seen a hadouken thrown at a grappling tourney.

MP, I can't even tell you what a hodouken is :lol:

Some of my wins are up on my facebook page, maybe LP, being a computer guy could figure out how to get them into a format to post here.

Tallgeese, I think the best we can do is link to youtube or...I don't think we can embed videos on this site - at least I haven't had any luck using BBCode, unless I'm missing something (although it's pretty simple) So, if that's the case - and I think it is - you'll either have to link it, upload it and link it, or download it, upload it, and then link it. Nothing to it really...it all depends on where on the internet it currently exists - other than a facebook account with any sort of privacy settings.

Anyhow, this is me at 30 lbs heavier than I like to be, and as a last second replacement in an MMA fight. Some ugly technique in there, I'm not happy about it...but, I settle in decently at the end for a so-so finish. That guy was bleeding all over the place from somewhere...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmS2bNQdcgo

"A gun is a tool. Like a butcher knife or a harpoon, or uhh... an alligator."

― Homer, The Simpsons

These are great, guys. Thanks for posting them up. Great thread idea, too. I want to do some of my forms, and see how bad I really look on screen now, so when I do, I'll post them up, no matter how bad!

Its that age old thing, it never happens when somebody is watching :lol:

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.

I think I've only ever placed first in sparring once, at an ATA tourney long ago and far away. I remember being totally gassed afterwards, too. I actually have it on video, but would need to convert it to DVD, then get it downloaded. Maybe eventually...

Great thread idea MasterPain :)

Well here's one of mine from Feb this year. Continuous semi-contact. Just got the footage off of my instructor's wife who filmed for me. Another fine example of technique going out the window and fighting rubbish on the day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4A72bBHY5Y

:lol: Doesn't anyone have any videos where they win? :P

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius