• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What are you working on in your grappling training?

I am focusing on attacking from the guard more.... Right now though I am focusing on guard control, and guard recovery. Usually I Feel I am on the defensive with me focusing more on fighting some one who is trying to pass my guard, as opposed to actually threating them with a sweep or submission. So I have been working on guard control more so I can work on attacking better.

Same here. I'm really bad when it comes to being a threat from guard. But we don't get a lot of practice in ground work. So I have to focus on one aspect at a time until I can put them all together.

That's how you have to do it. You put a puzzel together one piece at a time. The same as with Jiu Jitsu. You learn and perfect once position and move at a time until the picture becomes clear. It will all come together one day and you will amaze yourself.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been doing a lot of the same techniques from standing for many years. And all the other positions still seem pretty natural when on the ground. But something about flat on my back that's the challenge. Just not having as much manuverability leaves you with less options, and more at risk.

Just need a lot more practice.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

The leverage you can get on someone changes a bit when on your back, too, I've found. I think that was one of the things I've found has been hard to adapt to.