• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

International Shipping

Patrick

You'll have to excuse a potentially dumb question, but...

How does international shipping work? Lets say I wanted to send a large envelop to Jack over in England. From the USA to England? Do I just slap his address on it and put it out like any other piece of mail? Postage rates?

Any info would be great.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ooh, whats in the envelope? :D :lol:

I think you may have to use an airtravel envelope with special stamps. I suggest you ask at your local post office, though, since I am not sure. :)

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

There are a few ways to do this, but they all involve going to the post office. You can send it FLAT RATE GLOBAL PRIORITY. If it's small enough for $5, the rates just recently changed, but it's around there. If you're sending something a little bigger (they have a larger envelope) for $9. These envelopes are available for free at the Post Office. If you don't use the envelope, you lose the flat rate benefit and have to pay by weight, which usually is a few dollars more for international. If you don't send it GLOBAL PRIORITY then you can choose either freight (by boat, cheaper but taking up to three months) or airmail(this being the quickest, but obviously more expensive) If it's just paper and you don't mind folding it send it in the smaller $4 flat rate envelope, it's cheaper. If you can't fold it, and the documents are not super thick then use the larger flat rate GLOBAL PRIORITY envelope. You will have to fill out a green customs label, available also at the Post office for free. It's really simple, you just write what you're sending and the value, if it's just paperwork the value is $1. Take it to the counter and pay. GLOBAL PRIORITY is the best, it's guaranteed. You can send letters and such normal post, but you have to find out in advance what the postage will be for the weight. It varies by country. A postcard to the Philippines costs over 60cents. Anything under a certain ounce weight. As for the UK, you would do best to inquire at the post office. Global priority is a bit more expensive if you're just sending a letter or greeting card, but for documents it's the safest and quickest means.

Hope this helps.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Einstein

Ah, thanks for the explanation! Just saw it now. :)

http://www.usps.gov has some interesting stuff as well. :)Ah, thanks for the explanation! Just saw it now. :)

http://www.usps.gov has some interesting stuff as well. :)Ah, thanks for the explanation! Just saw it now. :)

http://www.usps.gov has some interesting stuff as well. :)