• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Nunchaku!!!

NUNCHUK

Y'know what guys?

You just can't win with nunchaku, even though they're my favorite weapons.

If you make em out of wod, they culd crack, splinter or worse--break. If you make em out of metal, they can dent. You just can't win!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
well I suppose that could be said about all the weapons? There is no "perfect" weapon.

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN

Yes there is, Jeff Speakman starred in it. "Perfect Weapon."

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Einstein

Jeff Speakman is the perfect weapon! Whaaaa!!! Chuks, like any weapon will wear with time and certain usage, all that you can do is make them out of the best materials and techniques possible. Then their life will be longer, and the amount of abuse they can take will increase. :karate:

Understand this, a man without honor, is not a man at all, but a coward in disquise.

Animis Opibusque Parati

Well, yeah, if you're gonna hit stuff with it...

Usually the only time we use weapons are in katas/forms.

If we hit bags we stick to foam weapons.

OMG Jeff Speakman in the "Perfect Weapon" that was a horrible movie lol.

S

P

O (if you don't want the ending ruined for you, don't read this)

I

L

E

R

Wasn't the whole point of it that he would learn the way of the dragon? He never did! He was a tiger his whole life :lol: And his girlfriend never spoke....ever!

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

• 9 months later...
If you make em out of wod, they culd crack, splinter or worse--break. If you make em out of metal, they can dent. You just can't win!

A baseball bat will occasionaly crack or break .. but I still wouldn't want to get hit in the head with one :o

Aamorn - KSW Chuhng Di

You can also make nunchuks out of hard enough wood that the chances of breaking are next to nil. And Aamorn has a good point. It may break if you hit hard enough with it, but do you want to be the one it breaks on?

MA.

p.s.

I made my nunchuks out of a narra wood from the Philippines. IMO, the hardest wood.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Einstein

foam is more for training and sparring practice, you can't get the same speed and power as wood, I think, but they are definately a lot painless.

(I learned with foam, and the bruises, had I survived training, would have been 50 times bigger with wood.