• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Can 5th dans compete in tournaments?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I don't know about TKD, but in TSD, they had a "masters" devition (sp?). They had all ranks, but 4rd dan and up were included in the masters one. One tourny I went to in AC, NJ had it. I was watching all these "masters" and high ranking BB's do some amazing stuff. I was totally blown away (I was just a green belt ..... the first time). I have pics, t-shirt, and goodies from that tourny. I had a great time there (and I was just watching :D ).

Laurie F

Yea I have never seen someone over 3rd dan compete in karate tounaments, although sometimes in betwwen events there will be a break in which the ranking blackbelts do a demonstration and that is pretty cool to watch, but I guess they are not really competeing

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN

I'm not sure about the WTF or ITF KTiger but our Dojang is part of the CTF-(Choong Sil) & our instructor Marcus Roby-4th Dan- still competes.....

*1st Dan Oct 2004*

"Progress lies not enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be."

"It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have been to many tournaments...and I dont recall if I ever saw a 5th dan competing...

Makes me think!

sk0t

"I shall not be judged by what style I know, but how I apply that style againsts yours..."