• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I don't understand people.

The one thing I'm grateful for is learning how to control my breathing when I'm involved in a ground attack. I may not be very efficient attacking on the ground but I can defend somewhat well and I can lock up for 3 minutes without losing my wind.

Try things even if you end up tapping more. The ability to lock someone down and stifle their offense is a great skill, but to learn good offense requires risk. There is no shame in tapping to training partners.

You probably understand that, and better grapplers sometimes don't allow you the chance for any offense.

Breathing is important. A lot of people don't value good breath control enough.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

To me it sounds like they wanted to satisfy their curiosity.

As people have said in the posts I doubt that it will be your teaching methods, more to do with what the students were told before attending your class.

If you're looking to attract new students and keep them better to get them yourself with your marketing methods.

Traditional Shotokan Karate in N.E. Lincolnshire

https://www.fudoshinkarate.com

Learn To Market Your Club Online

https://www.johnmclauchlan.com

• 4 weeks later...

I wouldn't worry about why student do and why others don't. The MA isn't for everyone for one reason or another. If some decide after trying the MA, and then they decide that they'd rather lift weights or whatever instead of the MA, so be it. Students come and students go for one reason or another, and in that, just let it be what it is and don't dwell on it.

If you're doubting your teaching abilities and your teaching abilities ARE the reason why students are leaving or whatever, as harsh as this might sound, not a MAists can teach. If you can teach, then look at each and every element of your curriculum/syllabus to see if it's lacking or not. If after you've eliminated every element reason across the board as to why students aren't staying and/or joining, then it's time to be honest with self, and sometimes it's hard to be honest with ourselves.

Just take the students, current and future, with a grain of salt; students will do the MA or they don't do the MA for whatever that reason might be.

Good luck, and train hard!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!