• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Just a question...

its the name of the game..sure sometimes we strive to have control ..but we are also not taking painting lessons or ballet!!..geting banged up once in a while comes with the territory..we are studying "fighting" jut work to defend more..if you get hit..well then hit back!!

Javier l Rosario

instructor taekwondo/hapkido

under master Atef s Himaya

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its the name of the game..sure sometimes we strive to have control ..but we are also not taking painting lessons or ballet!!..geting banged up once in a while comes with the territory..we are studying "fighting" jut work to defend more..if you get hit..well then hit back!!

I agree, sort of. Unfortunately its rather easy to "hit back" harder,and eventually both you and your partner (remember that word!) become upset at each other. I find that when sparring aparticular student in our club who has a tendency toward lack of control, that using evasion, and stiking softly at obvoiously vulnerable targets tends to get the message across far better than pummelling him would.

I started in a dojo where the "tough guy" mentality prevailed, and it took a long time for me to get over the impulse to pound my partner (there's that word again) into submission. Eventually I realized that when sparring, I am working with a partner who is learning just like I am, not an "opponent" whom I am attempting to injure.

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!