Is that so wrong...?

monkeygirl

How do you feel about cooking?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about cooking?

• I love it/I am a purple lizard
    • I hate it/I am a sensible person
    • Green

I hate cooking. During my "bachelorette" years my specialty was ramen noodles with butter and a slice of Kraft american cheese melted over it. Or for something more exotic, uncooked firm tofu dipped in BBQ sauce (sweet baby ray's hot & spicy rules!). That was more when I lived in an apartment where I developed a compromise with the roaches in which they got control of the kitchen, I got a little better after getting out of there. Anyway, now I've got the boyfriend who loves to cook, these days I'll chop veggies for him, start the rice, cook pasta etc but that's about it. Dick will be happy to know it's my job to clean the kitchen, I figure it's only fair.

But I did cook cornish hens once, and they were perfectly edible...I think I just followed the instructions in my New Basics cookbook. A pain in the butt, of course, as all cooking is to me, but it didn't seem overly difficult?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The electric smoker!! 8th Wonder of the World!!! Plug it in-add a handfull of hickory or mesquite chips in the bottom around the element,fill up the pan with water & throw the meat on the rack! No turning -no basting, put the lid on it & forget it for the afternoon! I use my grill quite often also but when it comes the kitchen,thats definately my wifes "zone".

Our agreement is she has complete,absolute power over the kitchen & I get to be commander in chief of the remote control for the bigscreen.......works for me..

*1st Dan Oct 2004*

"Progress lies not enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be."

"It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them."

::edit:: Edited by Bon

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.