Is that so wrong...?

monkeygirl

How do you feel about cooking?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about cooking?

• I love it/I am a purple lizard
    • I hate it/I am a sensible person
    • Green

ckd you are not alone, I like to cook and as an added bonus my wife does too. Great combo, makes for some amazing meals.

Diamond, you surprised me with your narrow view. I have read some of your posts on other threads and thought you to be more open minded.

Maybe you're just trolling......

"Do not assume I share your prejudices"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personally, i love to cook.. (dont tell my mom) Half the time i will start supper for my dad before he gets home so i caan get to karate. I chose green in the poll because monkeygirl is my friend and it was more of i joke but i would put i love it/i am a purple lizard if i ddidnt know monkeygirl. Actually my dad is a better cook than my mom. I know how to make alot of things that i like but are a lil time consuming.

Great, am I the only one who likes cooking and knows how to cook? I cook every chance I get, from cordon bleu stuff like lobster, to my favourite, large chunks of very rare steak.

I'm with you, CKD. As I said, I know how to cook. I like the cook. I can cook pretty much anything, I believe.

I've made Cornish Game Hens before, and if you know what they are, you know why I am saying that.

KickChick

"Ok ... this is coming from a mother of 3.

I was brought up by an Italian mother ... taught to cook, sew, etc., although my mom worked full time. (my dad passed away when I was 3).

I helped her out by cleaning house and making dinner many a night!"

Same here, Kickchick (Not the kids part, though. I don't have kids). My mom and Grandmom taught me to cook very young. I think the first time I helped my Grandmom, I was three. My Grandmom is an old fashioned Irish woman (very motherly type). She taught me how to cook some of the traditional Irish dishes. My mom (even though she is irish) cooked a lot of Italian food ...... yummmmm. So she taught me that also. I also can make soup from scratch (beef, chicken, stews, ect). I'm no pro cook or nothin, but I do fairly well.

My hunny, on the other hand, loves to cook. He blows me outta the water when it comes to cooking. Eventhough we share the cooking duty, he cooks more than me (cause he's better :D ). We do "cheat" and go out to eat when one of us get paid. It's our "night off" of the cooking duties :D But sometimes that's bad, because my hunny will order something, love it, and want to find out how to make it (if he doesn't know already). He'll sit there and try to guess whats in it while eating :lol:

As far as women doing all the work, my hunny was raised by a strict Catholic mother. She raised him to cook, clean, do wash, ect. So, yes it is possible to have MALES do house work as well as women :P And still treat a woman with respect. Yes, ladies, there are real men still out there.

Laurie F

I can work a mean grill. :lol:

But I'd love to learn all those fancy sauces. Working my way through college waiting tables at the Hyatt gave me a chance, but I was too busy trying to pay tuition and rent at the time. :bawling:

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

OK, ok I'll admit...I can cook enough to get myself by. If I were living on my own, I probably wouldn't starve (key word being PROBABLY), but there would be a lot of grumbling and groaning involved ;)

LOL @ Jack & Patrick.... :angel: it's nice to feel loved

For all you people who still like to cook, good for you!!

Oh, and Diamondick.... :roll: *forehead slap*

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.