Is that so wrong...?

monkeygirl

How do you feel about cooking?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about cooking?

• I love it/I am a purple lizard
    • I hate it/I am a sensible person
    • Green

Let's face it. I hate cooking. I'm not very good at it, either. ("Do you smell what the monkey is cookin'? Of course! She's burning it!") I have actually liquefied bacon. It's not burnt.... it's uh.... fat free! Oh who am I fooling :bawling:

My solution: :idea: When I come of age, I shall (drumroll please) marry a man who loves to cook! But not a chef, because he won't want to bring his work home. Just someone who takes gourmet cooking classes but happens to be, say, an accountant. Does that make me a bad person? :nod:

Call me lazy... call me irresponsible ( :P ) But I just thought you all should know.

Especially since my brother thinks that part of my Blackbelt test should involve cooking. The worst part is that my mother supports! :uhoh:

LOL I'd have kids and they'd be like "Mommy can we have cookies?"

"Wait 'til your father gets home."

"But Mommy, why?"

"Because Mommy might break the oven, sweetie."

" :cry: sniffle... sniffle... :bawling: waaahhhhhh"

And yes, I would probably raise brats like those :P

Anti-Cooks, raise your heads high!!! Don't be afraid, you can admit it!!

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is American mother´s fault, they should have taught their daughters

to do womanly chores like cook, clean and sew.

Then we have cases like this who dont know how to do crap.

Very sad. :(

Dick,

What in the world are you talking about? Not all woman know how to cook, etc. Not neccessary.

I've been taught a little bit about cooking. I can cook. One of my high school credits is in Culinary Arts.

Monkeygirl, how old are you?

:D ;) lol

What is next?

Guys getting pregnant ,having babies and breast feeding?

There are certain things mothers should educate. Cooking, cleaning,sewing and raising kids these are the arts women should master.

Cooking isn't really my thing either. The only things I can cook are probably Kraft Dinner, chicken noodle soup and hot dogs..And most of the time the chicken noodle soup is either black or not fully cooked :lol:

"Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make" -Bruce Leehttp://www.myvidtodvd.com/mysmilies/otn/other/leseratte.gif

http://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/contrib/xerx/smileystooges.gif

diamondick, I find that very offending. you know what's sad? You're telling others they need to learn how to cook/whatever because they are a female, yet you probably couldn't pour milk into a bowl of cereal. I'm sorry kid, but it ain't ancient China no more, it's the twenty first century, and it's sad the kind of beliefs some people like you have. Though if you are in your eighties or above, I can understand.. you probably are. Sorry, but people like you just gets me PO'd.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, for the most essential things are invisible to the eye.

Monkeygirl, I voted green until I saw that you'd marry a guy who loved cooking... I'm now very much into the culinary arts. :D

And keep this polite please, I also don't agree with diamondick but everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

Great, am I the only one who likes cooking and knows how to cook? I cook every chance I get, from cordon bleu stuff like lobster, to my favourite, large chunks of very rare steak.

---------

Pil Sung

Jimmy B

I also enjoy cooking, but I wouldn't go as far as to say I "love" cooking. I've cooked myself breakfast and lunch today, even if it was only oatmeal for breakfast and my favourite pasta-tuna-cheese sauce mix for lunch. :D

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

Ok ... this is coming from a mother of 3.

I was brought up by an Italian mother ... taught to cook, sew, etc., although my mom worked full time. (my dad passed away when I was 3).

I helped her out by cleaning house and making dinner many a night!

I now have a daughter and son who I try to instill the same things taught to me when I was growing up. The thing is I wanted to learn in order to help out due to the circumstances. My son (17) shows more of an interest in cooking than my daughter (15) who shows more of an interest in boys! She does know how to make a mean peanut butter & jelly tho' ...

It's not important to her ... now. ( ... but that is a whole other story -- teens that don't want to have anything to do with their parents! :roll: HELP!!)

Problem is fast food! When my son is hungry he rather run out to Subway (sandwich shop) than to take the makings out of fridge and assemble. Lazy? Yeah, sometimes....

Everyone should learn to cook both you guys and girls ... it is necessary when you get out on your own to at least be able to do the basics (... but if you can do a cordon bleu -- woo hoo!!!)

I'm terrible at eggs. That is my husbands specialty .. so he's the breakfast guy! As far as, cooking dinner .... (especially Italian) ... I have to thank my mom for that! She taught me ... but then I wanted to learn and enjoyed it! (... and still do!)