• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Best construction toy of all time?

bushido_man96

What is the best construction toy of all time?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best construction toy of all time?

• Lego bricks
    • Lincoln Logs
    • Tinker Toys
    • K'nex
    • Erector Set
    • Good ol' building blocks

What is the best construction toy of all time? For me, it has to Legos, hands down. Its such a great toy, in fact, that I still play with them, as an adult, and don't even care to hide that fact. As a kid, I was also a fan of Lincoln Logs, and also played with Tinker Toys periodically (my grandma had them at her place when we visited). But, I just don't think you can beat the versatility of Legos.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I used to love lego! I always wanted my parents to take me to Legoland but they never did :bawling:

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Depends on the age LOL From gross motor skills to fine, and just as importantly, the knowledge not to EAT the small pieces. Building blocks for toddlers, then duplos (the big lego blocks), then lincoln logs, then tinker toys and legos and K'Nex and finally erector set.

I still play with legos, but I've moved on to bigger erector sets LOL. Full size cars and ships and houses. Some of those Lego Technic and K'Nex connections were a royal pain, and not at all suitable for kids ;) I think that will be the best part of having kids... finding the joy of simple wooden blocks again.

The best a man can hope for

is, over the course of his lifetime,

to change for the better.

It was Meccano for me closely followed by Lego. I had quite a bit of Meccano due to a local model shop selling it in individual pieces so I could get pocket money sized chunks of kit. I had electric motors, gears by the hundred, chain drives and thousands of sector plates, axles, beams and truss flanges.

I recently repaired the lavatory with some bits of meccano from the shed, its not just a toy!

It was Meccano for me closely followed by Lego. I had quite a bit of Meccano due to a local model shop selling it in individual pieces so I could get pocket money sized chunks of kit. I had electric motors, gears by the hundred, chain drives and thousands of sector plates, axles, beams and truss flanges.

I recently repaired the lavatory with some bits of meccano from the shed, its not just a toy!

Dude theres a video on youtube where a guy makes an actual gun out of meccano :o.

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.

Dude theres a video on youtube where a guy makes an actual gun out of meccano :o.

That's impressive and very wrong at the same time! I almost feel the same way about that as I do about my friend's Hello Kitty Nunchaku.

Although I did once make a meccano and razor-blade guillotine upon which I tried to decapitate a 6" Ewok action figure. Thick neck on an Ewok, takes a lot of cutting...

That's impressive and very wrong at the same time! I almost feel the same way about that as I do about my friend's Hello Kitty Nunchaku.

Although I did once make a meccano and razor-blade guillotine upon which I tried to decapitate a 6" Ewok action figure. Thick neck on an Ewok, takes a lot of cutting...

Wow...not quite sure how to take that....

This guy made a lego gun

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War