• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Dojo and karma

kara297

I am trying to figure this thing out for many years, ive been practicing shotokan for 17 years and changed dojo a lot because of my job...however there is ONE place...that I feel such negative energy...however instructors are correcting me as nicely as everywhere else...this dojo also has another gymnasium..when we train in the other gymnasium I do not feel as bad...almost everytime I come home from this bad karma place I wonder why I go there...every other place is fine and I truly enjoy martial arts...so whats the point? Feng shui? Bad spiritn in the gymnasium? I dont get but it is truly intruiguing...anybody feels like this or help me before I give up...

c

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Intuition is often the subconscious mind picking up on subtle things your conscious mind doesn't quite get. If you have other places to go, go there.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

I don't really believe in karma, so I can't help you much with that. If you don't feel good about going there, then you should probably look into something else, just to help you feel better.

• 1 month later...

I think you are lucky to have several good options, and as others have said, train at the ones that don't make you feel bad! Who knows why it is, but it sounds like you've had this experience there over time, not just once or twice. I would not want to train somewhere with "bad vibes". Maybe it's just the paint job or something, but life is too short to try to figure it out, IMHO, especially when there are other options. Good luck! :)

I am trying to figure this thing out for many years, ive been practicing shotokan for 17 years and changed dojo a lot because of my job...however there is ONE place...that I feel such negative energy...however instructors are correcting me as nicely as everywhere else...this dojo also has another gymnasium..when we train in the other gymnasium I do not feel as bad...almost everytime I come home from this bad karma place I wonder why I go there...every other place is fine and I truly enjoy martial arts...so whats the point? Feng shui? Bad spiritn in the gymnasium? I dont get but it is truly intruiguing...anybody feels like this or help me before I give up...

c

Is it because they are correcting you in a way you feel unfamiliar or uncomfortable with?

I've been training for 25 + years and yet I trained only last month at an instructors course and had to question a lot of things I was doing. I drove home feeling quite low, but on reflection the things I learnt were spot on and I have grown from the experience.

sojobo

I know violence isn't the answer... I got it wrong on purpose!!!

http://www.karatedo.co.jp/wado/w_eng/e_index.htm

• 3 months later...

Probably dead bodies under the floor boards I bet. :brow:

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

There is program on chanell 4 right now all about buildings and how they affect our moods.

They prove that enviromment does affect our moods!

Definately needs some Feng Shui going on.

Even just a change around of a few items in the dojo can make it more calming.

I wonder if you brought some Shakras to the Dojo and placed them in various places it would iron out the soul of the Dojo

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)