• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Not sure what my GM did...

My school is sort of different as well in that we have ten ranks in our school so everthing up to Gwang-gea is for the colored ranks and when you hit black you get po eun and gye baek from the itf but we also get koryo from teaguk forms. though there is only one 2nd degree black belt in our school as it takes like 6-10 years and our 2nd degree took like 16 to get his 2nd and as a result i dont really know what foms 2nd degrees get. we also have several difference but these are more in the covers and slight changes in the covers and that we dont use sine wave. though i think our original organization was aau, right now we dont belong to anything due some problems with the original organizations.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Had another interesting development tonight at the end of class. I was asking for some clarification on a move in the form, and cited the General's encyclopedia as my main source at home, and that opened a little can of worms. It didn't cause me any trouble, but it spiked my interest a bit.

I guess we do Chung Do Kwan style, or it is espoused as such. He said there was "an arguement," and that Choi isn't necessarily the real founder of such. I'm not sure if this is being confused for the Oh Do Kwan or not. But, he basically made it sound like Choi isn't necessarily right.

This is odd, for sure. I do know that Nam Tae-hi was involved in helping come up with some of the forms of the ITF, and Yoo Sin may be one of those. But I'm not sure what he was getting at, and probably won't ever find out.

I've also talked with my former ATA instructor, who had a chance to meet with my current GM, Chae Sun Yi, in Topeka when he was looking for a place to train while going to school there. He is under the understanding that my current GM was one of several who gained rank under H.U. Lee when he came to America and started the ATA. Apparently, several of Lee's students broke off and started their own organizations or schools, and apparently, my current GM attained something like 6th dan under Lee. This could jive, as I believe the ATA used the ITF forms when it started, and the first ATA forms were not trademarked until the 1980's.

Just some interesting stuff to stoke the fires of conversation here. I love TKD politics. Not.