• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Gear backpack

Zen Kamikaze

I'm looking at purchasing a gear backpack to put my gi and some small stuff such as wallet,keys,cellphone etc. I've seen some and i liked some from the high sierra daypacks but i'm not sure if they are proper for putting my wet gi after training. Any thoughts or suggestions :-?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I have a bag for gear, and for clothes or gi I take a reusable shopping bag. The kind you get at Walmart for 50 cents. You can wash it with your clothes and keep from making your gym bag all nasty.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

You might look at Titlemma.com

They might have something like what you're looking for.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

Datsusara MMA (DSMMA) makes some pretty awesome gear bags, so you may want to check them out.

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

• 3 weeks later...

I like having something mesh to put all of my wet gear in as well as letting my leather gloves and protective gear breathe. I also like having a bag that I can put other clothes in or whatever - so maybe instead of my system of having two bags, a nice hybrid of some sort is avaliable.

A sackpack is good to keep with your gear to throw something really nasty and snotty/bloody/whatever in. Century has assorted size mesh bags for sale most of the time.

"A gun is a tool. Like a butcher knife or a harpoon, or uhh... an alligator."

― Homer, The Simpsons