Belt lengths

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that in the US, you can actually purchase a Camouflage Belt or a Pink belt,

I'd love one of each, at 320cm lol, anyone want to send me them?

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

In the ATA, we had a camoflauged belt rank; it was 6th gup, I think. They wanted a 9 belt system, and it was another color to add. It also fit with their belt philosophies, too.

In the ATA, we had a camoflauged belt rank; it was 6th gup, I think. They wanted a 9 belt system, and it was another color to add. It also fit with their belt philosophies, too.

If I remember correctly, the number 9 is quite significant/important to the Korean's. It makes since that the ATA would honor that by having a 9 belt system.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

If I remember correctly, the number 9 is quite significant/important to the Korean's. It makes since that the ATA would honor that by having a 9 belt system.

Yes, Bob, that is correct. The ATA did a lot of things with the number nine, like the number of colored belt forms, the first one having 18 moves, 1st dan having 81 moves, and things like that. They wanted to do Korean cultural symbolism and the like.

Yes, Bob, that is correct. The ATA did a lot of things with the number nine, like the number of colored belt forms, the first one having 18 moves, 1st dan having 81 moves, and things like that. They wanted to do Korean cultural symbolism and the like.

Doesn't the Songahm Star also reflect the number 9 very well? One has to respect that, and surely do.

81 moves in a form is a lot. Gojushiho only has 54 steps, as the name implies, and in many, many Karate styles, Gojushiho is their longest kata.

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Doesn't the Songahm Star also reflect the number 9 very well? One has to respect that, and surely do.

81 moves in a form is a lot. Gojushiho only has 54 steps, as the name implies, and in many, many Karate styles, Gojushiho is their longest kata.

Yeah, Bob, that's right. The Star is also a philosophical emblem in the ATA as well. Its basically the embusen (hope that's right) of all the ATA forms, and they follow on the pattern of the Star. If we get hooked up, I've got some books on it that lay it out.

Yeah, 81 moves is a long form. I was always out of breath when I was done.