• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Karate do tsunami

Nevinyrral

Yeah I know that this art is quite weak, and thus I could get to black belt like in 2 years and still practice shotokan. Also judging by youtube videos of their kumite I could easily win in their competitions :)

A style is just a name.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Yeah I know that this art is quite weak, and thus I could get to black belt like in 2 years and still practice shotokan. Also judging by youtube videos of their kumite I could easily win in their competitions :)

Something to also consider is that getting a BB in that system will not win you any respect in the martial arts community, despite any other BB you might attain. You would always have that little stigma hanging over your head.

My thoughts anyway.

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

• 1 year later...

This was hilarious while being shocking at the same time. I feel bad for the countless naive people who have put their faith in this guy. I hope no one has had to use " The Tsunami " in real life. Does that guy have no sense of accountability? But this video made me appreciate my shihan and sensei even more..

Hey guys. No need to be so harsh. You need to give the art some credit. If you do it hard enough, maybe you can convince your attacker that you're some crazy dude jacked up on crack or something and make them go "OH SHEEZ!" and run off. The only problem is that you'd have to be doing this every waking moment of the day. You know, to give the illusion of psychosis.

It's funny how dojos (and more often McDojos) can claim they teach the "best martial art ever" (as the second youtube video says). If there was such an art, wouldn't everybody be doing it?
That is exactly what I say whenever people ask me for my opinion on the best anything. If it truly was the best, all the other competitors would not exist at all since there would be no point in practicing an art that doesn't work. For example, no one would use an internet browser that can't browse the internet (save some exceptionally strange people). That's why none exist.

It's funny how dojos (and more often McDojos) can claim they teach the "best martial art ever" (as the second youtube video says). If there was such an art, wouldn't everybody be doing it?

Not if it's difficult!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Not if it's difficult!!

While I see that your comment was not meant to stir up arguments, you bring up a good point. Only the most dedicated martial artists would be practicing it, and they would be considered "the best" if such an art existed. If an art is so difficult that only a select few can actually participate and train successfully, how can it be the best? I would see the limited success as a con, and therefore not the best.

Van

Not if it's difficult!!

While I see that your comment was not meant to stir up arguments, you bring up a good point. Only the most dedicated martial artists would be practicing it, and they would be considered "the best" if such an art existed. If an art is so difficult that only a select few can actually participate and train successfully, how can it be the best? I would see the limited success as a con, and therefore not the best.

To add to this, it also very much depends on the practitioner of the art. Some people don't have the mentality and/or physique for certain martial arts. Hence, in practice, a skilled Jujitsu practitioner can take out a skilled Karate practitioner and vice versa depending solely on the abilities of the practitioners themselves. What I feel it ultimately comes down to is a matter of preference. What is best for person #1 may not be best for person #2 which may not be best for person #3 and so forth. You could liken it to the firearm caliber debates about 9mm vs .45ACP vs 10mm vs .357mag. All are deadly. It's just some like 9mm more than .357mag and vice versa.

Not if it's difficult!!

To add to this, it also very much depends on the practitioner of the art. Some people don't have the mentality and/or physique for certain martial arts. Hence, in practice, a skilled Jujitsu practitioner can take out a skilled Karate practitioner and vice versa depending solely on the abilities of the practitioners themselves. What I feel it ultimately comes down to is a matter of preference. What is best for person #1 may not be best for person #2 which may not be best for person #3 and so forth. You could liken it to the firearm caliber debates about 9mm vs .45ACP vs 10mm vs .357mag. All are deadly. It's just some like 9mm more than .357mag and vice versa.

Solid post!!

**Proof is on the floor!!!