• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i did the opposite i when into karate then i didn`t quit but i just never when back there for some reason and i was gone for 2 weeks from vaccution and then when i came back i never when again!! :nod: now i take kickboxing!!

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

I have been told god things about kickboxing, I have never really thought about trying it, I am perfectly happy with Shotokan Karate. I will in the near future be taking up some other styles and martial arts, you can't knock it until you have tried it!

Anthony Bullock

1st Dan Black Belt - Shotokan Karate

5th Kyu Yellow Belt - Aiki-Jutsu

https://www.universaldojo.com Coming Soon

ya thats a good saying moobrack !! :nod:

The reason I quit Kickboxing is that my teacher gave up on me. He just put me on the bag and taught everyone else all the stuff. I got fed up with it.

"Never hit a man while he's down; kick him, its easier"

Sensei Ron Bagley (My Sensei)

Teachers that focus all their attention on other students are a waste of time and are just in it for the money that they can get. At one of the clubs that I used to train at(SHOTOKAN).The teacher was asking kids questions and handing brown belts to everyone.I thought about why????There was a reason which he stated over the phone.'Its my club and I will do what I want'.

Not Good enough.I quit and went back to my first club which has now evolved into a school.Its the best decision that I have ever made!

C Ya!

Anthony Bullock

1st Dan Black Belt - Shotokan Karate

5th Kyu Yellow Belt - Aiki-Jutsu

https://www.universaldojo.com Coming Soon

No Kidding! My teacher invited me to the Advanced Class. I thought I was getting good. I asked him why I was just on the bag. He said "well, you haven't paid for this class!" after he said, don't pay, you're invited. I quit right on the spot. I like my new teacher. He actually brings some sport into Karate.

"Never hit a man while he's down; kick him, its easier"

Sensei Ron Bagley (My Sensei)

yes i hate that it`s so dumb like in kickboxing it`s like ages 10-16 then next group!!then new people come the trainer spends like most of the time with then doing stuff we already know and it`s boring they should have it like you join at a sertain time then go to normal group and then next belt go get go with that group and so on.. :nod:

IMHO, with the limited experience I have, tournament and street/barroom fighting are on different levels of mental, emotional and physical challenges. When tournament fighting, I'm not as concerned with my personal safety as in a street/bar situation, which requires me to exert a higher degree of self-defense, contrary to tournament fighting in which my opponent is looking to score points rather than teeth or my wallet or significant other. I try to use profeesionalism, control and discipline in the honorable martial arts competition arena, in the streets, pull the stops.. :eek: However, my foremost best move is not to FIGHT

[ This Message was edited by: jakmak52 on 2001-10-24 14:02 ]

Best regards,

Jack Makinson