• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I dont get it?

I see the advantage of learning ground fighting for self defence

I understand the athletics involved in competing

What I do not understand is why would I want to watch it?

Seeing two men ground fighting trying to get an arm bar tap out or watching a guy mount another and pummel him till the ref stops it hardly seems like sport to me....whats next two guys with weapons, chucks vs kali stick in the ring?

please could some one explain to me why I should attend or view this rather than boxing or kickboxing

maybe I am bias coming from a kickboxing background but I just can not imagine paying to see mma live

Honor is the most important thing a man has once you lose it it is gone forever

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I think it's taste, partner. I hate golf but look at how many actually think it is interesting to watch. Do you train in groundfighting? It helps a lot to appreciate what's going on.

I just like watching a good scrap.

One cannot choose to be passive without the option to be aggressive.

I dont get it?

I see the advantage of learning ground fighting for self defence

I understand the athletics involved in competing

What I do not understand is why would I want to watch it?

Seeing two men ground fighting trying to get an arm bar tap out or watching a guy mount another and pummel him till the ref stops it hardly seems like sport to me....whats next two guys with weapons, chucks vs kali stick in the ring?

I'll tell you what's next ....

First of all , don't limit MMA to just "men" ... we women are also involved in the sport!

http://www.fightergirls.com/home.htm

... and actually men DO enjoy seeing two women ground fighting and mounting each other! ... go figure! :lol:

he he he she has a point :D

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN

::edit:: Edited by Bon

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

did not say that i did not know how to grapple

why does everyone think that because you do not like something that you do not understand it

fyi i began martial arts when i was 8 and i still study today. so that makes 32 years of study.

when i stated that i have a kickboxing background i meant that kickboxing is my preferred area of study

i just do not find that style of fighting entertaining.....just the same as some boxing fans do not find kickboxing or tae kwon do entertaining

Honor is the most important thing a man has once you lose it it is gone forever

fyi i began martial arts when i was 8 and i still study

[color=indigo]

What is it about MMA that you do not like? Also, many of today's MMA matches still take place primarily standing up, many of the fights end in KO's.

What style of grappling do you study? What the people who said that grapplers usually like MMA probably should have said, "Most MMA fans are practitioners of martial arts that have been proven effective in the octagon" because that is more true. I would consider Aikido a grappling art, at least partially, but the small caged fights against a single opponent is not a good setting for an Aikido fighter.[/color]

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!