• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Just getting started

Kross

I just went to my first karate class, on tuesday and i love it!!!! i have wanted to take karate for years and my parents could'nt afford it but i have a job now and can just now pay for it myself... Do you have any advice for someone justa starting out??? Oh and i should mention that technicly this is not my first time taking karate, i worked my way up to yuellow belt when i was 10, but i started back at the same place and there are guys that i used top train with that are black belts and stuff. i just cant wait to start remembering everything!! :karate:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Awesome! I'm sure you'll love it! And I'm sure you'll be even more dedicated and proud of every accomplishment knowing that your own hard work not only gets you through the training, but paid for it. :-)

Thank you all for the support !! i cant wait to go back monday but i may have to miss class unfortunately do to a foot injury... But hopefuly it will be felling better and i will be able to participate.

Don't push yourself too hard. I just restarted karate a little over a year ago after a 10 year break, so I know how it feels in the beginning-- every class feels precious and having to miss one seems like the end of the world (for the first few months I did it it seemed like class was snowed out every other week. It was killing me). But you have years ahead of you to train. Better to take one measley class off to heal than push an injury too far and end up having to miss a lot more than that.

Thanks lupin! i know not to push to hard this is only one of many injuries that i have had over the years!! the funny thing is i actualy injured the foot at my first class, we were dong pad work and kicks, i missed the pad and made contact with my training parteners elbow! just shows how truly accident prone i am! oh by the way awesome screen name!