• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Testing for my blue belt!!!

It's the night before I'm supposed to test and we are in the middle of a snow storm, AHHHH! Our dojo closes when the city schools close and I'm already seeing many county school closing for tomorrow, AHHHH!

Hey, its more time to practice :)

Haha, where are you? I'm testing today in south philly. And I just shoveled 14" of snow from my driveway.

The best a man can hope for

is, over the course of his lifetime,

to change for the better.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the night before I'm supposed to test and we are in the middle of a snow storm, AHHHH! Our dojo closes when the city schools close and I'm already seeing many county school closing for tomorrow, AHHHH!

Hey, its more time to practice :)

Haha, where are you? I'm testing today in south philly. And I just shoveled 14" of snow from my driveway.

Lancaster! Same storm, got about 12-inches!

]

LOL My test got rescheduled to this thursday. I was busy all day and never got the notice, so I got there and the place was locked up tight.

]

LOL My test got rescheduled to this thursday. I was busy all day and never got the notice, so I got there and the place was locked up tight.

Thanks stinks! In the hope of the notfiying everyone when the school closes my instructor listed our school on one of the local TV stations.

Good Luck.

]

Thanks stinks! In the hope of the notfiying everyone when the school closes my instructor listed our school on one of the local TV stations.

Good Luck.

You've a very wise instructor!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Well, I did it. I made 1st gup. Now I have to wear a super bright red and blue half belt instead of my comfortable dark red one.

I'm disappointed in my forms- I got lost once in each of my higher forms. I was sweating bullets putting everything into them, but that common place where one form can easily transition to another bit me. One steps, sparring, basics, even "self defense" went well enough. I kept running out of room for line drills because I had a really short girl behind me and a wall of loose pads and mats beside me. So I was continually adjusting my stance or pulling kicks short. We did a low spinning wheel kick into a high spinning hook kick and I clobbered a mat that was sticking out. :o That didn't feel so good. Then jump double front kick into a forward roll. My hammy! :cry:

Breaking was interesting. Had a few white belts attempt a simple side kick. Two made it and two didn't. Not really required for their rank anyway. One little kid was pulling a movie stunt, flying side kick and pushing off the board into the air, but couldn't get the break. Had one lady surprise herself when she whipped right through hers. I'm proud of her :lol: . The other red belt testing clobbered his board(s) at an angle and sent bits flying straight at me. I got up there and one instructor was telling me a jump spin back kick and the other a standing spin back kick. They decided on the standing kick. I saw that everyone else was pulling too short on kicks, so I stepped in close. I smashed the two boards and hit the holders in the chest, pushing them back. Maybe a bit too close :P Not too bad for a first break. No different than powering through the heavy bag. Probably could have done four boards.