• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Music while training?

Just wondering if anyone else out there allows music during training sessions. I understand this may not be the case with most traditional schools. If you due listen to music, what does it consist of.

Our playlist consists of everything from danzig, the who, survivor, the entire rocky IV soundtrack, various montage songs from the karate kid, bloodsport, Rocky, Over the Top etc.

We also have a cd that acts as a round timer with three minute rounds of each characters stage music from Street Fighter II.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not big on training to music. If its playing, then fine, but I'm not one of those people who has to have something plugged into my ears when I go training.

Not often but we sometimes have dance/club music on for cardio and sparring classes. When training on my own I nearly always listen to stuff which can be pretty much anything from the dance type stuff through to hard rock.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

I find that certain music while sparring helps you get into the rhythm of the fight. And as a nerd, music from SF2 greatly motivates me to fight shadaloo and all its evil.

For rolling, it's something light with rythm. Some mellow alt stuff, Jack Johnson and the like. Classic rock is another popular one for me.

On mma days it's harder stuff.

GS, I must say I love the montage mix you guys have down there. Including the Team America montage theme....priceless :)