• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Has anyone ever lost control?

i have had to disable my kids hands before because they threw punches at me but i did not punch.

In nys you are considered a weapon if you're a black belt even if ur not a really skilled black belt. Shihan said as long as you don't throw the first punch ur fine, but, karate is all about self control.

there are kids in my class the shihan has to watch closely on spar nights.

one kid was scaring the younger blackbelt and i stepped in and just said yea u may be able to try that w/ him but not me and i was a brown belt.

Yet i was not gonna take flack from someone younger either.

You only learn self control by experience.

You feel bad so there for chances are you wont do it again it is a learning experience, but ur next learning experience pending on your own self discipline may be something worse.

To avoid any other future issues, step back and look at the other masters. we have a whole list of them on our wall for shito ryu karate and they all meditated and have implicable self control.

You see these old guys that generally u would think u'ld be able to take out in two seconds that wont throw a punch til ur in their favor. You wont be able to blink and u'ld be on the ground so ..

Way i look at it is, in the art world (i'm an artist) there is always someone better than you...

In the karate world, there is always someone better, bigger and faster than u .

If u want to stay in one piece, learn self control. Life is all one big learning experience, humble thing would be if hes in ur dojo, apologize and move on and learn from it. Cowering and being upset will just make them want to get even w/ you.

Black belt and skilled blk belt? Im pretty sure u have to b skilled to earn a blk belt? I ve studied MA for over 20 yrs so i prettymuch know all about self control. there were three of them against me. Acorrding to this states law allows me the right to kill during the commission of a class x felony-Mob Action. I felt bad because i have a good heart. It wasnt my kids hands i had to subdue. My point is maybe i could of used less force but when i get attacked i react. Try useing self control when there is a fight envolving 20 people and three of them are running at u. At that time your conditioned responses take over. :karate:

Are you sure about that? I've never heard of such a law...

So say, if you have taken boxing or muay thai in a year for years, you're fine, but if a mcdojo gave you a blackbelt in 6 months after learning a couple katas/forms and/or seeing a couple videos from 'senseis", then you're a weapon? What's this law's name? It needs to be repealed.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's basically talking about use-of-force, from what I can see. In many cases, if you feel threatened to the point you are in fear of your life or great bodily harm, you can justify a force level that may result in death to another. If you are being attacked by more than one person, and feel great bodily harm or death may result from the attack, then defending yourself with enough force to kill can be justified. I think that is what he was getting at, RW.

i have had to disable my kids hands before because they threw punches at me but i did not punch.

In nys you are considered a weapon if you're a black belt even if ur not a really skilled black belt. Shihan said as long as you don't throw the first punch ur fine, but, karate is all about self control.

there are kids in my class the shihan has to watch closely on spar nights.

one kid was scaring the younger blackbelt and i stepped in and just said yea u may be able to try that w/ him but not me and i was a brown belt.

Yet i was not gonna take flack from someone younger either.

You only learn self control by experience.

You feel bad so there for chances are you wont do it again it is a learning experience, but ur next learning experience pending on your own self discipline may be something worse.

To avoid any other future issues, step back and look at the other masters. we have a whole list of them on our wall for shito ryu karate and they all meditated and have implicable self control.

You see these old guys that generally u would think u'ld be able to take out in two seconds that wont throw a punch til ur in their favor. You wont be able to blink and u'ld be on the ground so ..

Way i look at it is, in the art world (i'm an artist) there is always someone better than you...

In the karate world, there is always someone better, bigger and faster than u .

If u want to stay in one piece, learn self control. Life is all one big learning experience, humble thing would be if hes in ur dojo, apologize and move on and learn from it. Cowering and being upset will just make them want to get even w/ you.

Black belt and skilled blk belt? Im pretty sure u have to b skilled to earn a blk belt? I ve studied MA for over 20 yrs so i prettymuch know all about self control. there were three of them against me. Acorrding to this states law allows me the right to kill during the commission of a class x felony-Mob Action. I felt bad because i have a good heart. It wasnt my kids hands i had to subdue. My point is maybe i could of used less force but when i get attacked i react. Try useing self control when there is a fight envolving 20 people and three of them are running at u. At that time your conditioned responses take over. :karate:

Are you sure about that? I've never heard of such a law...

So say, if you have taken boxing or muay thai in a year for years, you're fine, but if a mcdojo gave you a blackbelt in 6 months after learning a couple katas/forms and/or seeing a couple videos from 'senseis", then you're a weapon? What's this law's name? It needs to be repealed.

pretty sure i'll double check it but i was told theres a registration fee but technically if ur a black belt and u throw the first punch you are "liable". i'll look it up though . know we have a registration fee when we do get a black belt so will double check. least that is what i was told.

Been in a few confrontations but never where fists where bared. Even though I know the other person tried there best to get me to lose control.

Usually I can talk my way out of fighting by being calm and casual but when my mouth starts drying out, my pulse starts quickening I know the other person hit the right button so I just apoligize and I walk away or get in my vehicle.

pretty sure i'll double check it but i was told theres a registration fee but technically if ur a black belt and u throw the first punch you are "liable". i'll look it up though . know we have a registration fee when we do get a black belt so will double check. least that is what i was told.

That is not the case in the United States, that I'm aware of. Its a big myth that tends to float around. And throwing the first punch doesn't always make your "liable." It depends on the circumstances, and how you articulate your case.

That is not the case in the United States, that I'm aware of. Its a big myth that tends to float around. And throwing the first punch doesn't always make your "liable." It depends on the circumstances, and how you articulate your case.

Unfortunately, the law discriminates against low IQ individuals that are forced to defend themselves.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

That's where having a good attorney should come into play.

True, but usually poor uneducated people will plead guilty instead, due to lack of funds and knowledge. The system favors the rich and smart. I don't know of any way to fix the problem, but it's the way of things.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma