• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A question about Tekki Shodan..

conrad665

Hi, I have my 2 kyu exam the other week, and I'm studying a lot. Really :)

My question is about the first move of Tekki Shodan. I look right, take a step and at that point, should I kick a reverse mikazuki geri or just pull my knee? I asked my sensei and he said to me to kick, but I've never seen it in another place. I think he might have misunderstood my question but I'm not sure. I hope I could explain what I meant :) Thanks for any help.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'd go back to your instructor, and ask him again. Make sure to clarify what you are asking, so you can be sure he understands your question. We won't be able to tell you here what he is thinking there.

I'm with Brian on this...only your sensei truly knows the answer to your question, providing your sensei understands your question. I've an explanation for you because I've done this Kata for many, many years but I would still revert you back to your sensei!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Hi, I have my 2 kyu exam the other week, and I'm studying a lot. Really :)

My question is about the first move of Tekki Shodan. I look right, take a step and at that point, should I kick a reverse mikazuki geri or just pull my knee? I asked my sensei and he said to me to kick, but I've never seen it in another place. I think he might have misunderstood my question but I'm not sure. I hope I could explain what I meant :) Thanks for any help.

Your sensei is right - you lift the knee/foot in preparation for "fumikomi" (stomping kick).

But, as others have said ask him/her to confirm this.

Hope that helps.

Sojobo

I know violence isn't the answer... I got it wrong on purpose!!!

http://www.karatedo.co.jp/wado/w_eng/e_index.htm

Thank you for your answers, now my question seems a bit silly to me :blush: you're right, I should ask it my sensei directly. Even if you answered my question, there are variations of this movement as far as I see, and it may be wrong in my dojo. Thanks for your time.