• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Martial Arts Goals 2011

recover from this devastating knee injury, get back to karate in late March (although the surgeon isn't too sure!)... if not by March; then definitely by my birthday (early May.) Train hard, get back into competition after fifteen years' absence, perhaps get onto the state team and be fit enough to grade for my shodan in late October.

- Chris

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My main goal this year is to remain healthy (no injuries that keep me from training) and get (back) into better shape than before the last injury!

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

I think last year I just said to lose weight and get fitter. Didn't really lose the weight :roll: but I did do a bit of running and have noticed the difference.

This year I really want to improve on my flexibility because it sucks at the moment. I didn't really spend enough time working on it and maintaining what I had last year so that's what I want to do this year. As well as keep at the losing weight and getting fitter resolution from last year.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

My goal is to make my form, Yoo Sin hyung, look better, and work my way up physically so that I begin to feel ready to test for my 4th dan. I want to feel like a 4th dan, though, so I plan to increase my abilities as best I can.

I want to have tapped out everyone at my club at least once or at least have gotten close. It will be very challenging considering my inexperience but sparring is meant to be challenging.

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.

My 2011 goals for Martial Training are.

1. Improve my guard.

a) Develop smooth transitions between my close, open, spider, and de la riva guards, and half guard.

b) Improve my mechanics of some sweeps I know from each position so I can get them to work at a higher percentage rate for me during sparring.

c) Work on a sequence of sweep attacks that I can use for rolling to up my % of sweep effectiveness.

2. Develop my Judo throws so I can hit them more repeatedly during sparring, and chain the moves together where I feel like I got a good % attack sequence from it. Specifically (Please forgive my butchered spellings of the throws) O'Soto Gari, Uchi mata, Ippon seoinage, sumi gaeshi, tomoe nagi,

and also develop good mechanics for a good wrestling shot, double leg, and single leg, and work on 2 or 3 good set ups for each.

Thats about it. I have alot of training goals but I like to keep it to a few technqiues. I really need to set some smaller mid term goals, 3-6 month goals, as well as short term. 1-3 months, as well as daily and weekly goals so I can keep focused on the goal and keep track of the progress.

I'm not a resolution guy but I'd like to be able to get into a full split sometime over the next year.

But if I ever got into one at my age, I'd like to be able to get out of it before the years over.

:P

**Proof is on the floor!!!