Martial Arts Goals 2011

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. Since its soon time for me to try again for my orange belt, one of my goals is of course to pass the test this time.

Some people regard discipline as a chore. For me it is a kind of order that sets me free to fly.

You don't have to blow out someone else's candle in order to let your own flame shine.

My main goal is to get back into practicing Karate, as a white belt again in a new style. I just can't give it up completely no matter how much I keep wanting to. I am currently hoping to be back in the dojo by midsummer at the latest.

Stay healthy enough to continue to train.

I'm looking to add some ground fighting.

Want to spar more, perhaps spend some time boxing.

Help instruct at my dojo.

Compete in 6 or more tournaments (hopefully win or place in them).

Make 1st kyu.

Improve defense, combinations,flexibility, power, speed and accuracy.

So far so good. I'm on pace for most except for boxing and BJJ. I just can't find the time for them. I'm on pace for everything else though.

The past is no more; the future is yet to come. Nothing exist except for the here and now. Our grand business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what's clearly is clearly at hand...Lets continue to train!

I'd like to take part in some competition, eventhough I'd propably lose:)

While winning is fun, it's the learning obtained while competing that's the true fun, imho. Keep training and have a lot of fun!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

My goal was to test for 4th Dan this year. I did it on March 17th. Since I acheived my goal so early in the year, I have to set a new goal for the year. To be a better instructor today than I was yesterday is the best goal I can think of for the year. THAT alone will keep me busy.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

I'm not a resolution guy but I'd like to be able to get into a full split sometime over the next year.

I looked back at this thread and I wasn't sure what I had posted. I think I'm still on pace with my original resolution however I'm a long way from a full split.

Also (I think) I'm on pace to make 2 Gup, low brown belt.... so I want to add that to my "this year I'm going to do".