• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Got my Gold/Yellow belt :)

Grading was last week and I passed, with mostly B's on my score card. The grader said my kicks were especially good, which surprised me as sensei's been reminding me to get better bounce. I guess I must have been concentrating on them. My school calls this rank gold belt and I'm used to calling it yellow from my last school so some mental shifting is in order.

I'm wondering about the belt avatar on this site - does it change color based on number of posts, or is it supposed to reflect one's actual rank?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thanks guys :) We're in between terms at the moment so while we are still meeting for classes, we're just doing "fun stuff" - sparring and a we-won't-be-tested-on-it kata called Shinpa-ton, which is a pretty cool one. There's a video of it on Facebook from the Vancouver Shudokan academy.

Yup, that's the one! I'm still fine-tuning the new stances and movements but I've got the whole thing memorized at least. Three of us (two yellow and a white) demonstrated it for the upper belts at the end of yesterday's class, and we only mildly screwed it up, lol.