Does everyone hate their gi/dobok?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must say I prefer my Taekwondo Polyester/Cotton suits to my Karate 100% cotton one.

I don't know why they don't put a little more polyester into TKD suits anyway. I've got a pair of TKD trousers which are 60% poly and they are really comfy. Now I can't find them anywhere.

Aren't Gi's the most comfortable things to wear when you have sunburn. Ouch! :brow:

Bretty

my gi seems to be really good at fixing that...the pant legs are abnormally wide so there is lots of air and breathing room they don't stick half as much as my old gi did...

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN

Crap. I don't own a gi. So I can't say whether I like mine or not. When I train I just wear sweat pant and a t-shirt. When I spar it's either that or street clothes. I guess my 'gi' is sweat pants/shorts and a t-shirt/no-shirt.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Einstein

[color=indigo][/color]Actually really like my karate pants :karate: so much so in fact that I have extra pants to work out in. I ripped out virtually all of my sweat pants stretching in them. I also find myself wearing my black pants with a t-shirt as casual wear.

I also made a slight modification to my gi top. I added some snaps; they help prevent accidental flashings. :pony:

We wear nothing but black, and my uniform for instructors has gold tassles hanging down. So it looks pretty good to me.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

Bretty wrote:

"Aren't Gi's the most comfortable things to wear when you have sunburn. Ouch! :brow: "

The dobak don't bother me with a sunburn, the belt does! LOL The uniform is actually lose, so sunburn isn't a problem, but my belt hurts the sunburn :o

Sai wrote:

"I also made a slight modification to my gi top. I added some snaps; they help prevent accidental flashings. "

Hehehehe good idea :D I wish I thought of that when I did TSD. I just wore a tank-top or sports bra under my uniform just in case :wink:

My dobak pants have a second purpose ..... as PJ's hehehehe. My old ones are nice and broken in and very comfy.

And I do have a problem with the pants (of the newer uniform) sticking to my legs when sweaty. I do hate that. I hope my expensive new uniform won't do that.

Laurie F