• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Which do you think is more fun to watch, and more effective in an actual fight.

I think in a boxing match the boxer will win by points, but the puncher will win by a knock out. In this case i would say the puncher would be more effective in a real fight, and more fun to watch, but the boxer will have a longer more successful boxing career.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boxer = jabs, combos, movement, and winning by points.

Puncher = power punches, standing toe to toe, brawling, and going for the knockout.

Sorry for the confusion i thought that was still a common term for boxing styles. I was always considered a puncher, because my foot work, and style was more for power than speed.(in other words i was slow, but powerful)

In the last of the Rocky movie series, Rocky Balboa, the only way he could stand up to the younger fighter was by what his trainer said to use: blunt force trauma.

Sounds more like the puncher, and I thought the fight scene at the end was a blast.

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

That's the thing though, in a game of skill vs luck, skill almost always comes out on top. You mix all that in with self defense, and I'll take skill every time. Even if someone doesn't have "knockout power" in a ring, I would think their sense of timing and technique would make up for that in a situation without gloves. I'm betting Ali could have knocked out the average mugger and he didn't have "knockout power."

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Brawlers have rarely done well against those with a "traditional" boxing style.

Margarido vs Pac

Tyson vs Holyfield/ Lewis

Foreman vs Ali

Such a boxer has ko power- they're just smart enough to work their opponent down rather than brawling