• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Nutrition and Supplement use

As a Jiu Jitsu Practitioner, while I was rolling, and had my opponent in my guard..he pushed down on my left knee. I felt there was a sharp pain on my leg (left side). I thought about how "tough" training can break down certain muscles, make joints vulnerable and weak

While I was in the locker room changing, I had a idea that maybe if I add to my diet a good joint supplement and any other supplements that can help repair muscle and joint tissues that I won't have to go through this as often.

Does anybody in the forum have any suggestions on what supplements to use in order to prevent this matter. All your inputs will be appreciated.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

There are lots of supplements on the market. Virtually none of them require FDA approval and, therefore, sholdn't always be trusted. Your best bet is to first ask your doctor if such a thing is appropriate for you and if he has any suggestions as to which types.

My suggestions are Glucosamine Chrondroitin for joints and potassium for muscles.

Edit: I can't stress enough that you should see your doctor first. It really shouldn't hurt when someone pushes your knee for a guard pass.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."