• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Passed my 1st Dan grading yesterday

I Passed yesterday which was really great, after all the effort I put in. Now to look towards the future continue training.

It was a long day arrived at about 9.30am paid for the lessons and grading fee. At 11, 2 hour lesson started warm up, kihon work, than katas and finally onto kumite and sparring. After lesson which finsh at 1, half an hour break before the grading actual began. Everyone was called up bowed to the examier and everyone was told sit down against the wall. They then called up all the 1st kyu who were on there first attempt at 1st dan. As I had allready made two attempts I was sat down for over an hour while they did everything kihon, kata, kumite, sparing, others were called up to redo bits of the kumite or sparing. Then I was called up at the end to do one kata bassai dai again for the third time. Then everyone was sent away while two black belts, one grading for nidan and the other sandan were called up for there grading. When they were done everyone was called back up in a straight line. They called out names of the people who had passed so far to do heian katas I was one of those. I had to do heian nidan, yondan, shodan and kata kihon. The others that hadn't been called up had failed a part of there grading. We were than sent back in line and they called out the names of the people who had passed the shodan plus the two blackbelt had passed they nidan and sandan grades. All those that had passed were sent away to get money to pay for pass fee and belts if need. The ones that failed than got told what they failed on. Once that was done we paid our money, then were lined up and each names was called out to be given diploma and belt.

Currently 1st Kyu

Had two failed attempt at 1st dan

Third attempt sunday 19th december

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

good job!

The past is no more; the future is yet to come. Nothing exist except for the here and now. Our grand business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what's clearly is clearly at hand...Lets continue to train!

Cheers everyone, my first training lesson after grading was gr8, I really enjoy the lesson was ask about to help out a red belt with hein nidan and then learned kanku sho which was fun, managed to pick it pretty well. After gain it, it's really made me realise how much I enjoy karate and that I want to push on with becoming an instructor and going for my second dan.

Currently 1st Kyu

Had two failed attempt at 1st dan

Third attempt sunday 19th december