• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

I looked up Kuro Obi a few days ago to see who the "actors" were.

Turns out the two main actors are played by a 5th degree and 4th degree in Shotokan. That would explain the very small amount of lines they had.

I really liked the movie Fighter in the Wind, too.

-James Cavin-

I looked up Kuro Obi a few days ago to see who the "actors" were.

Turns out the two main actors are played by a 5th degree and 4th degree in Shotokan. That would explain the very small amount of lines they had.

Sorry to correct you, but in the making of Kuro-Obi it states that the actors are both 6th dan. The actor of Giryu in Goju-Ryu and the actor of Taikan of the JKA (Presumably Shotokan). But I, also, am a big fan of said movie, its good to see a movie with more martial arts skill than special effects or choreographed stunts

"Before enlightenment, carry water, chop wood. After enlightenment, carry water, chop wood" - Chinese proverb

You could be right.

Either way, I thought it was cool that they had some actual martial artists instead of the typical actors trained in martial arts for each scene.

-James Cavin-

• 4 weeks later...

I love the movie "Black Belt" because it teaches you the that the person who focuses on having a strong defense and not all out offense is sometimes the better fighter.

Its not the size of the man in the fight, its the size of the fight in the man.

I love the movie "Black Belt" because it teaches you the that the person who focuses on having a strong defense and not all out offense is sometimes the better fighter.

Just remember, it is only a movie, no matter how "legitimate" the MAists portraying the roles are. Don't base an idea of how to fight or defend yourself off a movie theme.

Remember the guy who wins, was scripted to win.

• 3 weeks later...

The Karate Kid. Even though it' not at all like the style I'm learning lol. Who doesn't love Mr. Miyagi? :karate:

"It's not about how hard you hit, its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward."

It's not the skill, it's the HEART.

White Belt, June 2011. Yellow Belt, August 2011.

Fighter in the wind,

Fong sai yuk,

Once upon a time in china series,

Aragami,

Merentau.

I could go on but will leave it at that :)

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."