• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

(kinda) testing in a week

As you know, my school doesn't give formal tests. But I am going back home for two weeks for winter break and will get to go to one or two classes during that time. I've been working the material for an average of an hour a day the past month or so and I've taught myself the green belt kata and I've been practicing that. I'm really hoping it gets me a promotion to green belt (4th kyu) while I'm home. I was close to being ready for my green belt when I left in July, but he said it wasn't my time yet. I'm sorta hoping next Tuesday or maybe the Tuesday after (if we have class that day-- I don't know if we will) will be my time. We'll see...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi Lupin1 -- I am rooting for you to get your green belt! My school has had that system at times, i.e. you get promoted whenever sensei thinks you're ready. I think it has it's pros and cons. It can get really frustrating sometimes, but on the other hand, it kind of forces you to just focus on improving. I am positive that all of your hard work will pay off, in both skill and rank! :)