• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Best ippon fighter, sanbon fighter, WKF fighter, and misc.

lukkiop

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I apologize in advance for my answer....however, there's no such thing as the "best", imho, because the "best" is nothing more than an illusion because things change from one moment to another; nothing is consistent. For me, for something/someone to be considered the "best", it/they must be consistent across the board.

That's difficult because we are fallible by nature.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Steven Lopez has been a great WTF fighter for the last several years. I don't think he fared as well in the last Olympics, but he's still been on top for quite some time.

Aghayev is good, but not fantastic. It is his low center of gravity that allows him to get the take-down. IMO the best players are/ were, Alex Biamonte (France), Wayne Otto (England), and Alexander Gerunov (Russia).

You do not need to be flexible to do a Jodan (head kick), if your opponent is already on the ground.

Aghayev is good, but not fantastic. It is his low center of gravity that allows him to get the take-down. IMO the best players are/ were, Alex Biamonte (France), Wayne Otto (England), and Alexander Gerunov (Russia).
Yeah Wayne Otto is definitely the best Sanbon fighter of all time. What about Ippon or WKF?

i think Aghayev is good... i have his training dvd... i seen some clips where it looks like he's faking excessive contact when an opponent lands a jodan so that made me lose a little respect for him... i wasn't sure at first so i freeze framed the clip bit by bit and it was clear as day his opponent missed a jodan zuki but Aghayev went down screaming... other than that though, he is good

wayne otto is awesome too... another ippon fighter i love watching is frank brennan... he has some awesome mawashigeri's and ashi barais... on top of that he's a kata champion as well and i really respect that...

biamonti is good too but i don't like his boasting after points... another guy who is in his weight class that if i had to choose a best, would be george kotaka... i may be biased though since i had the chance to fight him and also talked to and received tips from him as well... he's so damn fast...

here's a clip of him fighting one of the US national champs (brandis miyazaki) and he just runs through him like nothing... i have another angle of the fight and in the other angle, you can clearly see brandis missing the 1 point he got as george sidestepped him...

i talked to brandis recently and he's dead set that he will surpass george one day so i told him good luck... he's a very humble kid

George Kotaka is good but I think it is more of a matter of speed than anything else. IMO the best on the U.S. Team is Billy Finegan, he is one of the few that actually still gets in there and bangs. For the most part thou I feel the U.S. Team is Kinda sorry, they have become tippy tappy and flightY. As far as the question goes about best Ippon player ect. I think any of the mentioned can be the best there is a good cross over between the point system. Just remember it only takes one point to win.

You do not need to be flexible to do a Jodan (head kick), if your opponent is already on the ground.