• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i didnt make it.

i didn't pass my orange belt shotokan karate grading....idk nerves or something but i messed it up....kata done too fast, didnt breathe right, kicks werent good, when i blocked and countered they said i pulled back too quickly.....good news is that they didnt fail me, just put me on 'probation'

Some people regard discipline as a chore. For me it is a kind of order that sets me free to fly.

You don't have to blow out someone else's candle in order to let your own flame shine.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Keep your head you didn't pass but at least you work hard and show them you deserve the belt. With my association you never really fail a kyu grade as your given tempoary grade and then regrade three months later on the bits you have failed if you pass those than your the full grade and have to wait another three months at least to grade for next belt. Keep working hard and you will get there. Am on my third attempt at my shotokan black, it's but it be worth the effort and years of training when I get it.

Currently 1st Kyu

Had two failed attempt at 1st dan

Third attempt sunday 19th december

Keep working at it Blade! You'll get it! You've already gone so much farther than people were expecting! You're going to make it far. Just give it some time. If it makes you feel any better, I was a yellow belt for 12 years. ;-)

• 1 year later...

oh god..i failed some belt exams too lol

just tell yourself...is it better to get it and not deserve it?

We want to be proud of it for sure.... Not less :)

Keep up the good work.

Knowing others is intelligence, knowing yourself is true wisdom.

Mastering others is strength, mastering yourself is true power.

I'm sure it was anxiety crippling the effort.

Quite normal happening on lower kyu grades. Let yourself loose and focus on your techniques rather than the people watching you!

Its all part of the journey Blade!

It may well be that this ever so slight set back may in fact benefit you in the future and may be exactly what you needed to help you focus.

To echo everyone else. Don't stress these things. They happen and are all part of it. Keep at it and move on.

You have to do the art you do because you love the movements of the art. Not because you're beating people in comps or earning belts. Qui is right, part of the journey, embrace this too.

I've failed my share of testing cycles and I've lost my share of tournaments, but that's to be expected because we can't pass every test and we can't win every tournament.

However, let both take care of themselves, don't worry about them, and try your best; no one will fault you for that.

Train hard and enjoy the good and bad because that's to be expected on ones MA journey.

Hang in there!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!