• advertisement_alt

The New Karate Kid Movie

New Karate Kid Movie?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. New Karate Kid Movie?

• Good
    • Bad
    • Undecided

I saw the tail end of the movie, and I didn't really know what to think about the way the kids were really beating the crap out of each other. I know it was just a movie and all that, but I don't know if I'd want my 5 year old to watch it. I'm not sure what audience they were shooting for, either. Maybe I need to watch the whole movie, too.
Really not different than the way they were hitting each other in the original as well.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 3 weeks later...

Iliked it very much. Agood family movie. Its wierd to see a remake of a fantastic movie to begin with. Jakie Chan is a great guy to have .

The key to immorality is first living a life worth remembering

The new Karate Kid really should have been called Kung Fu Kid it used all Kung Fu moves but still it was very good. I loved it and it is VERY hard to say that when the original 2 were 2 of the greatest movies of all time to me.

I don't think it should be a hugh problem for people that they misrepresented what art is being shown. Karate and Kung Fu both need to be pushed in this country again.

MMA which is a misrepresentation now is becoming the only thing people care about, and it is no longer MMA since just about everyone does Gracie Jujitsu and Maui Tye Kickboxing.

First learn stand...then learn fly...nature's rule..Daniel-san, not mine.

-- Karate Kid, The

A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.

-- Bruce Lee

Was recently talking with a friend about the name of the film and she said (I don't know how true this is) that they couldn't call the film "The Kung Fu" kid because Kung Fu Panda had the rights to it :-? Not been able to find any else that says that though.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

I just think the name was capitalism at its best. They knew they would have an easier time selling tickets with the name Karate Kid. I mean look at the cast Jackie Chan and Jaden Smith. You would think that would be enought but they wanted to hedge their bets and sell even more.

Nothing wrong with that it is the engine that runs the U.S. so more power to them.

-- Karate Kid, The

A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.

-- Bruce Lee

I don't know anything about trademarks or registered titles, but it seems absurd that somebody could own the words "Kung Fu." The original "The Karate Kid" certainly can't claim rights to "the." But again, I don't know anything about that stuff and if I think about it too hard it frustrates me.

I don't know anything about trademarks or registered titles, but it seems absurd that somebody could own the words "Kung Fu." The original "The Karate Kid" certainly can't claim rights to "the." But again, I don't know anything about that stuff and if I think about it too hard it frustrates me.

They may not own the rights to "Kung Fu" but the rights to "Kung Fu Kid" as it may in fact be a movie they plan to make or they just don't want something selling off their movie. Because they can't possibly own "Kung Fu" by law or pure rationalization tells you to many things on TV and movie have already had Kung Fu in or as the title.

-- Karate Kid, The

-- Bruce Lee