• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How do I get out of that?

Let's not forget, being in less than dominant positions is at least half of the BJJ game.

You need to learn to like that as much as being on top. Or at least not learn to hate it. There's alot of beauty in the angles and intracacies of working from the bottom.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Let's not forget, being in less than dominant positions is at least half of the BJJ game.

You need to learn to like that as much as being on top. Or at least not learn to hate it. There's alot of beauty in the angles and intracacies of working from the bottom.

Says the guy who's spider guard makes me want to start drinking.

• 5 months later...
And when you first start training you are going to end up in bad positions more often than not.

....Story of my life :P I usually feel like an idiot, because within 2 seconds, I'm squashed. lol.

"It's not about how hard you hit, its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward."

It's not the skill, it's the HEART.

White Belt, June 2011. Yellow Belt, August 2011.

And when you first start training you are going to end up in bad positions more often than not.

....Story of my life :P I usually feel like an idiot, because within 2 seconds, I'm squashed. lol.

Isn't that the best though!!!!? It's another opportunity to work your escape. It's another opportunity to feel how the opponent sets you up for a submission. It's another opportunity to survive just a moment longer. Eventually, those opportunities add up, eventually you're on top, eventually you're not crushed anymore. See your mistakes as learning opportunities, learn in the school so you don't learn on the street!

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

See your mistakes as learning opportunities, learn in the school so you don't learn on the street!

So true!!

"It's not about how hard you hit, its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward."

It's not the skill, it's the HEART.

White Belt, June 2011. Yellow Belt, August 2011.