• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Its been set!

I am going to be testing for my orange belt (7th kyu) in Shotokan Karate a week from today. (next Friday, December 10th) I am soooo looking forward to it! Excited and nervous about it at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some people regard discipline as a chore. For me it is a kind of order that sets me free to fly.

You don't have to blow out someone else's candle in order to let your own flame shine.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Awwww. I don't know why, but for some reason I find it so fun following your journey up the ranks. :-)

yeah i know I'm cute =]

Hehe. Kidding. You're not the only one who thinks so. The others at my dojo think so too. Cause I'm the baby there. they said they like following the journey of their little one. :D

Some people regard discipline as a chore. For me it is a kind of order that sets me free to fly.

You don't have to blow out someone else's candle in order to let your own flame shine.

yeah i know I'm cute =]

Hehe. Kidding. You're not the only one who thinks so. The others at my dojo think so too. Cause I'm the baby there. they said they like following the journey of their little one. :D

I know this is a bit of a taboo subjet among women and so I hate to point it out, but I think you're older than me. It's still fun, though. Probably because we both started around the same time (while, I restarted). Good luck! I'm sure you'll rock this test the same way you rocked your yellow belt test! :D

I know this is a bit of a taboo subjet among women and so I hate to point it out, but I think you're older than me. It's still fun, though. Probably because we both started around the same time (while, I restarted). Good luck! I'm sure you'll rock this test the same way you rocked your yellow belt test! :D

i might be older than you (im 32) But I'm younger than most of the other people at the dojo plus the lowest ranked female. So i'm the cute, little one :D

and thanks, Bob-sensei and Patrick! :)

i might be older than you (im 32)

Yup. You're my age flipped. :D I'm the youngest in our adult class, too. In fact, the first few weeks I was there one of the instructors assumed I was much younger than I really was. He was shocked when I told him I had driven myself and he kept telling me things like "if anyone at school messes with you, you can do this....". Which I didn't even think to correct him on, even though I should, because I'm a teacher and so when I hear "anyone at school" it doesn't set off any bells in my head like "hey, this guy thinks I'm in high school even though I graduated with my Bachelor's a year ago...". He eventually figured it out, though, when some of the kids in the kids' class started telling him I was their teacher.