• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A Challenger Has Arrived...

Bushido Brown

Welcome Bushido Brown! :D

Sounds like you're pretty sorted for choosing a style. Just go with whichever class you enjoyed the most :)

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi, again!

Thank you for all of the welcoming.

As of last night, I've officially joined a Shudokan Karate dojo... I've been going to classes consistently for 2-3 weeks, and hadn't paid a cent. The Sensei is very big on making sure that the place is the right fit for people, so she's never made an issue of payment or formally joining the dojo... that being said, I knew that this was a place where I could really begin to learn, so I signed all the forms and put in a check for December.

Though this is probably a discussion for elsewhere, I thought that I'd mention that I'm considering taking up a second art to study simultaneous with my study of Karate. The karate dojo holds classes thrice a week (I intend to go to each of them), and I think that it would improve my overall level of fitness (which is extremely low) to be active more often in the week. I am currently considering Judo and Aikido for this.

Again... thanks for the welcome!

Congrats on finding a school! I would however, suggest waiting to add a second art until you've had time to get grounded in the first art. Nothing wrong with learning a second style, but take your time and don't let your enthusiasm to learn become a pitfall rather than springboard to learning.

Welcome to KF! :karate: It sounds like you're putting some good legwork into choosing a school. Good for you! Let us know what you settle on, and we look forward to hearing about the training.